|Adjunct Faculty Title||Occupational Therapy Assistant Program Instructor|
|Department||Occupational Therapy Assistant Program|
|Job Type||Adjunct Faculty|
|Employee Type||Part Time|
|Course(s)||Mental Health Course and Foundational Course|
|Pay Rate Information||
following current Adjunct contract
|Position Start Date||08/15/2022|
|Position End Date|
· Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching and student evaluation
· Member of the American Occupational Therapy Association
· Active in professional activities at local, state, and/or national levels
· Current knowledge and skill in use of educational technology (i.e. Canvas)
· Current knowledge and skill in the use of information and computer technology (e.g., word processing, e-mail, database) or proven ability to learn these skills
· Willingness to use educational technology (i.e. Canvas)
· Demonstrated commitment to professional growth, especially regarding contemporary expertise specific to assigned teaching content
· Commitment to the mission of the community college, and to teaching and motivating community college students in ways appropriate to their diverse backgrounds and learning styles
· Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
The course is taught all day with lecture and lab. This is the first class that students are exposed to application based aspects of an activity analysis and OTPF 4th ed.
Work as a team with other instructors,complete deadlines in a timely fashion,teach in an ethical and professional manner, follow the mission and philosophy of the college and OTA program, and goals for increasing professional knowledge to assist the next generation of OTA professionals.
· Current license (or eligibility) in Illinois as an Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant
· If an Occupational Therapist Assistant, earned Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution
· If an Occupational Therapist, earned Bachelor degree from a regionally accredited institution
· Minimum of two (2) years of full-time (35 hr./wk. or equivalent) post-license clinical experience in occupational therapy
|Other Required Qualifications||
Able to verbally express thoughts in a clear manner and listen to concerns.
Teaching experience is preferred.
|Applications accepted until the position is filled?||No|
|If No, Application Deadline Date|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
Position can be an OTR or an OTA
When inquiring or applying for positions within McHenry County College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at McHenry County College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at McHenry County College are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at McHenry County College.