|Adjunct Faculty Title||Chemistry Instructor|
|Job Type||Adjunct Faculty|
|Employee Type||Part Time|
|Course(s)||Introductory and/or General Chemistry course|
|Pay Rate Information||
Per Adjunct Contract
|Position Start Date||01/12/2022|
|Position End Date|
McHenry County College seeks an Adjunct (part-time) faculty to provide in person instruction for one or more Introductory and/or General Chemistry course.
Including but are not limited to:
- Teach courses as assigned by the College.
- Proficient teaching courses via in person, blended or online modalities.
- Available to teach daytime, evening, or weekend classes, as needed
- Available for student conferences either before or after class, and by College email if necessary
- Develop syllabus using MCC syllabus template
- Work cooperatively within the department, the division, and throughout the College in striving for educational excellence
- Conduct regular assessment of student learning
- Maintain and submit accurate student and course-related paperwork and data needed for College purposes in a timely fashion
- Document and report attendance daily and maintain and submit accurate attendance records weekly
- Submit grade reports electronically by the required date
- Utilize a variety of teaching styles in order to satisfy the different learning styles of students
- Utilize computer-based instruction and databases when necessary
- Experience teaching Introductory and/or General Chemistry.
- Willingness to use educational technology (i.e. course management platform such as Canvas)
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth, especially regarding contemporary expertise specific to assigned teaching content
- Commitment to the mission of the community college, and to teaching and motivating community college students in ways appropriate to their diverse backgrounds and learning styles
- Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Minimum qualifications include a master's degree in chemistry or a master's degree and 18 graduate credit hours in chemistry.
|Other Required Qualifications||
- Demonstrated teaching experience
|Applications accepted until the position is filled?||No|
|If No, Application Deadline Date|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
When inquiring or applying for positions at McHenry County College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at McHenry County College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at McHenry County College are posted, sign up at new job openings at McHenry County College.