|Adjunct Faculty Title||Database Systems Instructor|
|Department||Administrative Office Management|
|Job Type||Adjunct Faculty|
|Employee Type||Part Time|
|Course(s)||Teach AOM132 Database Systems I and AOM232 Database Systems II|
|Anticipated Schedule||Synchronous and/or Asynchronous Online|
|Pay Rate Information||
Per adjunct contract
|Position Start Date||01/17/2022|
|Position End Date|
Teach AOM132 Database Systems I and AOM232 Database Systems II
AOM132 - Database Systems I is an introductory course that teaches beginning and intermediate features of Access. The course examines the purpose and function of a database management system. Topics include, creating a database, tables, adding, editing, and deleting records, creating beginning and advanced queries, generating, and customizing reports, designing and customizing forms. Students may repeat this course once for a maximum of 6 credit hours. NOTE: This course, along with AOM 232, will prepare students for the Access Microsoft Specialist (MOS) exam. This course requires intermediate reading, intermediate writing, and intermediate math. Online courses require advanced reading.
AOM232 - Database Systems II build on the skills learned in Database Systems I. Students learn advanced query design, sharing, integrating, and analyzing data, advanced table relationships, Structured Query Language (SQL) concepts, macros, Visual Basic for Applications Code (VBA), managing and securing a database, advanced forms and reports. Students may repeat this course once with a different software package for a maximum of 6 credit hours. This course focuses on the skills needed for the Access Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exam. Students will have the opportunity to complete this exam during this course. NOTE: This course requires intermediate reading, intermediate writing and intermediate math. Online courses require advanced reading. Students must have earned a grade of C or higher in AOM 132 within the past seven years.
- Teach courses as assigned by the College.
- Proficient teaching courses via in person, blended or online modalities.
- Available to teach daytime, evening, weekend, or online classes, as needed
- Available for student conferences either before or after class, and by College email if necessary
- Develop syllabus using MCC syllabus template
- Work cooperatively within the department, the division, and throughout the College in striving for educational excellence
- Conduct regular assessment of student learning
- Maintain and submit accurate student and course-related paperwork and data needed for College purposes in a timely fashion
- Document and report attendance daily and maintain and submit accurate attendance records weekly
- Submit grade reports electronically by the required date
- Utilize a variety of teaching styles in order to satisfy the different learning styles of students
- Utilize computer-based instruction and databases when necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Business Education or related field and 2,000 hours of related work experience.
- Willingness to use educational technology (i.e. course management platform such as Canvas)
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth, especially regarding contemporary expertise specific to assigned teaching content
- Commitment to the mission of the community college, and to teaching and motivating community college students in ways appropriate to their diverse backgrounds and learning styles
- Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
|Other Required Qualifications||
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Access certification
- Demonstrated synchronous and asynchronous online teaching experience
|Applications accepted until the position is filled?||No|
|If No, Application Deadline Date|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
When inquiring or applying for positions at McHenry County College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at McHenry County College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at McHenry County College are posted, sign up at new job openings at McHenry County College.