|Adjunct Faculty Title||Culinary Instructor|
|Job Type||Adjunct Faculty|
|Employee Type||Part Time|
|Course(s)||CLM 180 - Bar Beverage Management|
|Pay Rate Information||
|Position Start Date||01/13/2022|
|Position End Date|
MCC instructors are higher education professionals who champion student learning. They engage and inspire students, applying innovative teaching and learning pedagogies to reach a variety of learners. They assess student learning to ensure student success, staying abreast of current and emerging trends in the discipline. Our instructors collaborate within the College as discipline experts, helping the College to reach its strategic goals through active participation in college committees and by promoting the College to future students throughout our community.
· Demonstrate content expertise and currency within their academic field.
· Develop and maintain an increasingly diverse and effective pedagogical skill set that reflects our philosophy as established in our mission: Our focus is learning. Student success is our goal.
· Possess both the willingness and the ability to share expertise with students, colleagues, and the broader college community in a manner that is engaging and effective
· Engage in continued professional growth, scholarly engagement, and/or creative development.
· Demonstrate both the willingness and the ability to embrace technology within the college environment.
· Develop and maintain a solid commitment to college service and community engagement.
· Engage in professional behavior and participate actively in teamwork while respecting the diversity of values, opinions, and backgrounds both inside and outside the classroom environment.
· Cultivate student engagement through facilitation of and/or participation in extracurricular activities.
Associates degree in Culinary Arts, Pastry, Hospitality, or related degree. Bachelor's degree preferred.
|Other Required Qualifications||
5-years of work experience in the culinary, pastry, hospitality, travel/tourism or event planning industry ServSafe certification
· Demonstrated experience in technology enhanced instruction.
· The ability to interact with the students and peers in a positive manner.
· Demonstrated commitment to professional growth.
· Commitment to the mission of the community college and to teaching and motivating community college students in ways appropriate to their diverse backgrounds and learning styles.
· Commitment to working with beginning students.
|Applications accepted until the position is filled?||No|
|If No, Application Deadline Date|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
You may use this field, as well as Transcripts 1-5 to attach transcripts, certifications or multi-page documents.
When inquiring or applying for positions at McHenry County College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at McHenry County College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at McHenry County College are posted, sign up at new job openings at McHenry County College.