POSITION TITLE: Director of Counseling
- Provide individual counseling services to students, faculty, administrators and staff
- Provide vision, strategic planning, and assessment for the center to advance department and divisional mission.
- Provide and coordinate consultation, education and outreach services to faculty, staff, and students on developmental, mental health and harm-reduction issues.
- Develop and administer center protocols and procedures in keeping with current best-practices for college counseling centers.
- Coordinate the center's emergency and crisis response procedures and participate in threat assessment activities.
- Collaborate with colleagues across campus to develop strategies for optimizing student strengths and healthy development and for the prevention and intervention of psychological and behavioral concerns.
- Provide intervention services in all areas of the college environment
- Assist individuals to understand and overcome social and emotional problems
- Develop training modules ‘for peer counselors/work-study assignments and R.A.’s (area of concern)
- Develop growth-group activities per semester
- Provide emergency or crisis intervention services to students
- Perform other duties as needed
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Sound work ethics
- Proven Skills
- Listening skills
- Team player
Preferred and Required Qualifications
- A PhD or its equivalent preferably in Counseling
- A Master’s degree with 7 years commensurate experience in counseling
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Experience in budget management, forecasting, conflict resolution, and grant writing
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Submit Resume, cover letter, transcripts to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
When inquiring or applying for positions at Jarvis Christian College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Jarvis Christian College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Jarvis Christian College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Jarvis Christian College.