- Assists the Director Student Financial Services in ensuring that College policies are adhered to by students and internal departments, at all times approaching both with diplomacy and professionalism.
- Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities Coordinates departmental services and procedures related to the processing of student scholarships and financial aid, ensuring compliance with appropriate laws, rules and regulation.
- Assist the Director in publishing sound financial aid policy and procedures in keeping with institutional goals, objectives and philosophy.
- Design and distribute accurate financial aid information and instructions on the financial aid application process to students, parents, schools and community.
- Assist the Director in preparing the schedule of activities and maintain and operation calendar for the unit.
- Acts as the liaison between Scholarships and Financial Aid and related internal departments and external entities.
- Complete and disseminate accurate and timely reports. Submit federal, state and annual reports promptly.
- Counsel’s students, prospective students and their families regarding services provided.
- Ensures timely and efficient delivery of services; oversees quality control, compliance and system integrity for the unit
- Participates on the Financial Aid Office Management Team; assists in the planning, organization, implementation and evaluation of departmental processes, activities and other functions
- Develop financial aid packages. Authorize disbursements of funds to students.
- Participants in the reconciliation process of all Federal and State programs
- Responds to in-person, phone and email inquiries and requests for account balances, account status and refund activities from student inquiries in a professional and timely manner, coordinating with other College departments when necessary.
- Manages the student account audit, student refund and graduation clearance processes, coordinating with the Registrar, Financial Aid and Accounts Payable Offices, as required. Performs student account audits to ensure that all tuition and fees have been billed according to the student's academic record and tuition/fee rates.
- Responsible for reviewing students' credit balances and determining proper action.
- Assists Director Student Financial Services in maintaining the Accounts Receivable financial system and performs the monthly close procedure.
- Responsible for assistance in documenting department procedures.
- Manages process for uploading charges for housing, printing and posting of student refund checks.
- Treats all fellow employees, students and the College's guests with civility and refrains from actions that disrupt the efficient functioning of the College.
- Follows directions and completes tasks accurately and accepts supervisory input and constructive criticism,
- Able to manage stress and work under pressure while multitasking under deadlines.
- Able to supervise and be supervised, giving and accepting constructive criticism.
- Assists in drafting and updating departmental policies.
- Assists In managing vendor relationships as they relate to student account processes, including payment plan administrator, bank (deposits), Veterans Administration (Ch. 33 billing), collection agencies and offsite storage vendor.
- Responsible for annual audit requests and inquiries for areas of responsibilities.
- Attend meetings and functions on committees as assigned.
- Performs special projects as requested by the Director Student Financial Services.
- Travels to other sites and Regional Centers as required.
- Related duties as required.
Please submit resume, transcripts and cover letter to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
When inquiring or applying for positions at Jarvis Christian College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Jarvis Christian College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Jarvis Christian College are posted, sign up at new job openings at Jarvis Christian College.