Employment History Include your last ten (10) years of employment history, or length of your employment history if less, including all positions (even those that are not relevant to this position) and periods of unemployment. Incomplete information could disqualify you from further consideration.
The Research Assistant I position will be working on all clinical research studies in the Panda lab. The research is focused on optimizing circadian behavior (eating, sleeping, light exposure) to improve health. Most of the studies are investigating the effect of time-restricted eating in improving health.
(80%) Clinical Study Data Collection
- Participant recruitment
- Monitoring patient participation
- Follow-up with study patients
- Preparing for study visits
- Data collection and entry
- Data and study sample management
- Data analysis (sleep scoring, nutritional analysis, etc)
(20%) Other Support Tasks
- Ordering supplies & running study related errands
- Other Administrative tasks for study data organization
- May require travel; reliable mode of transportation (required)
- No professional experience required with relevant degree.
- Demonstrated experience with general lab maintenance, including administrative tasks
- Data collection, entry and analysis experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a clinical research assistant or equivalent related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in biological sciences or related field
- Completed courses on biological rhythms
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in researching information and analyzing data to arrive at valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to record data accurately and enter into appropriate medium.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with both PC and MAC operating systems, standard business office equipment and commonly used software and tools, such as Microsoft Office, electronic mail, and the internet.
- Proficiency with common office software applications as well as software applications used for research, recording, and analysis.
- Highly organized, effective at multitasking, adept at juggling changing priorities
- Proven ability to work both independently and also as part of a collaborative team.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with diverse groups. Demonstrated skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with personnel at all levels.
- Ability to motivate others and have good salesmanship qualities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget creation and management.
- Coding experience (Python, R, etc.)
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must be willing to work in an animal-related research environment, but will not work with animals directly.
- Must be willing to work an adjusted schedule as needed to support research needs.
- Successful completion of the Institute's background investigation.
- Must be willing to sign confidentiality agreement.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/MENTAL ACTIVITIES/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
This position will be constantly adjusting focus, hearing, seeing, sitting, talking, communicating, reading, reasoning, writing, and working inside.
Apply Here: https://www.salk.edu/about/careers/
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
When inquiring or applying for positions at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com