Licensed Practical NurseJob ID:
Statesboro, GeorgiaFull/Part Time:
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate, bachelors, masters and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.Department Information
2500101 - General Health ServicesJob Summary
Provide general patient care and basic patient education to support Health Services. Assist medical staff to create the most effective and efficient healthcare environment for the University community. This position has been identified by Federal Law (Jeanne Clery Act) as a Campus Security Authority (CSA), with significant student and campus responsibilities. CSA 's are obligated to report crimes reported to them which occurred on campus, in public areas bordering campus and in certain non-campus buildings owned or controlled (leased) by the University.Responsibilities
Required Qualifications Educational Requirements
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Clean and sanitize exam rooms and instruments, and restock supplies
- Prepare patients for exam and assist clinician with exam
- Prepare and perform hearing and vision tests
- Schedule patient appointments; assist with patient referrals to outside facilities; and assist with notification of follow-up care
- Maintain medical records
- Participate in offsite immunization clinics and orientation (SOAR) sessions as needed
- Enter patient information into the Medical Management Information System
- Maintain, repair and clean tools, equipment and work areas
- Provide supporting clerical functions as needed to facilitate patient flow
- Phone in prescriptions to pharmacies as ordered by the clinician
- Provide patient education on various health-related topics
- Participate on committees within the department
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient medical records
- Follow safety and other risk management policies in performance of work
- Measure vital signs
- Administer oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular and intravenous medications as directed by the clinician
- Initiate chart forms, obtain health histories, and perform assessments
- Prepare lab request forms and collect specimens including blood as needed
- Perform EKGs and administer breathing treatments
- Start and maintain IV fluids
- Document care and procedures on medical records
Other Required Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical diploma in Practical Nursing
- Licensed by State of Georgia as Practical Nurse
- CPR certification
- One or more years of related work experience
$19.00 per hourRequired Documents to Attach
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and e-mail with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Ability to assess clinical situations and prioritize care
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and secure sensitive information
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability (HIPAA) Compliant
Apply Before Date
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service-centered work ethic
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
April 18, 2022Contact Information
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com
.Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
- Up-to-date immunizations, and TB and drug screenings prior to employment
- Subject to drug screening upon hire and random drug screening throughout employment
- Clinical staff will be subject to a continuous query of the National Practitioner Data Bank. Any findings from such query will be addressed up to and including termination.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.Other Information
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Required to walk, kneel and stand throughout the day
- Ability to assist other nursing staff in lifting a patient onto a bed/exam table
- Possible exposure to chemicals such as disinfectants, cleansers, soaps, etc.
- Possible exposure to latex, plastic and other materials used for personal protective equipment
- Exposure to noise and distractions while working multiple tasks within patient care; exposure to unpredictable behaviors
- Possible exposure to bio-hazardous materials, including pathogens
- Work generally performed in clinical setting
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- Occasional travel may be required
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=241533&PostingSeq=1Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Georgia Southern University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Georgia Southern University are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at Georgia Southern University.