POSITION TITLE: Assistant/Associate Professor for Information System (rank depends on qualification)
The Assistant/Associate Professor for Information System is the lead instructor for computer information system concentration in the bachelor of business administration program. The instructor is responsible for planning, preparing, delivering, and evaluating asynchronous and synchronous instruction and related activities. In addition, the instructor performs other duties as directed by the Dean of the Division of Professional Studies and the Director of Online Training. The appointment is a full-time tenure track position for nine months with two months of summer employment.
Preferred and Required Qualifications
- Ph.D. or DBA in Computer Information System or Management Information System from a regionally accredited institution
- Ability to use instructional technology, including basic LMS features and virtual meeting software
- Has online teaching experience or training in asynchronous and synchronous online instruction
- Possess a record of teaching excellence
- Possess a record of intellectual contributions
- Corporate experience preferred
- Quality Matters or equivalent online teaching certification preferred
- Teach assigned courses as specified in the schedule and course contract
- Prepare course materials as needed, including revising and developing the curriculum.
- Provide students with syllabi that delineate course objectives, learning outcomes, teaching methodology, attendance policies, textbooks, reading assignments timelines, evaluation criteria, and other deliverables
- Use the college learning management system to post syllabus, assignments, and other materials and to communicate with students.
- Deliver course content using a variety of teaching styles that are exciting and engaging with assignments that demonstrate the real-world applications of concepts covered
- Observe and evaluate students' performance
- Maintain virtual office hours and consult with students by online platforms, phone, and email with the general expectation of responding to students within two business days
- Maintain records of enrollment and attendance, assessments, and grades; submit class rosters and grades by the College deadlines.
- Encourage students to submit course evaluations, review course evaluations when available, and use feedback to improve course delivery.
- Revise and update course content as requested.
- Provide the Dean or Program Chair with an update on all aspects of the course progress.
- Assist Program Director and Dean in the collection of assessment data for the online program
- Advise online students.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Current knowledge of the relevant discipline
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching diverse learners
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and mentoring students
- Ability to respond to the needs of learners from a variety of educational backgrounds in a multicultural environment
- Ability to deliver course outcomes and content through a variety of teaching/learning styles
- Ability to use technology effectively in teaching
- Ability to engage in intellectual contribution
- Possess demonstrated respect for students and a genuine interest in their learning
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good organizational skills and timeliness in responding to student inquiries
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with students and colleagues
- Experience with teaching online or hybrid format
Submit cover letter, resume, transcripts and 3 letters of reference to HRINFO@jarvis.edu or firstname.lastname@example.org
When inquiring or applying for positions at Jarvis Christian College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Jarvis Christian College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Jarvis Christian College are posted, sign up at new job openings at Jarvis Christian College.