ECRH-Director Social Worker
This position will manage the social workers at ECRH on the Mental Health, Forensics, Admissions and EATO units. They will be responsible for supervising staff in the development, implementation, and evaluation of individual's treatment plan as well as discharge plan. They must develop strategies and objectives to accomplish individual and facility goals, serve as liaison for clinical departments and the hospital and community support programs and establish appropriate objectives and priorities for patients and the department in support of overall hospital goals. This position will be responsible to interview for open positions as well as assess staff's performance. They need to maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in their field.
The duties include, but are not limited to:
• Reviews individual placement plans to ensure that services and placement plans meet the individuals' needs and expectations.
• Mentor staff and assist in developing strategies and objectives to accomplish goals of the individual as well as the facility.
• Experience with ensuring objectives and priorities for individuals are in line with the department and in support of overall hospital goals.
• Plans, schedules and determines work priorities of personnel based on experience level and current work volume.
• Attend executive leadership meetings.
• Understands current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature and attending related seminars and conferences.
• Able to contribute to a high performance environment characterized by positive leadership and strong teamwork.
• Reviews applications of candidates, selects applicants for interview and makes sound decisions on a timely basis following policy.
• Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Current, Active Georgia Licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and a minimum of five years of management experience. The prospective candidate will be able and willing to work in all locations serviced by social work in the hospital.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
Knowledge of diagnostic impressions or criteria and client advocacy systems
Ability to perform crisis intervention techniques and individual group therapy techniques
Skilled in a variety of therapeutic models and interventions as directly related to area of assignment
Ability to exercise sound judgment, make responsible decisions and maintain confidentiality
LCSW and 5 years of experience in the public mental health delivery system. Strong understanding and working knowledge of the community resources, services and processes.
Shift: Days/M-F, Work outside of the normal business hours may be required.
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position
Recruitment Period: Until Filled
Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
To Apply, visit:
When inquiring or applying for positions within Augusta University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Augusta University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Augusta University are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at Augusta University.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency