I. JOB SUMMARY
The highly visible incumbent is responsible for implementing the mission and vision of D’Youville University and the division of Student Affairs while operating a comprehensive housing program on campus. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who thrives amidst an ever-changing and unpredictable work environment and will have demonstrated skills in the areas of student support and programming. The Coordinator of Student Engagement & Housing will report directly to the Executive Director for Student Affairs. Evening and weekend hours will be required when the University is in session to manage workload and attend meetings and University functions. This 12-month, live-on, position will assist with campus and student emergencies, as needed, and serve in a rotation as the Administrator On-Call in cooperation with the Coordinator for Cultural Enrichment. This position is expected to work closely with all units within Student Affairs to ensure that the University is “student-ready” and that every student has the opportunity to be engaged outside of the classroom.
II. PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Ensure effective management of all facilities within the University residential program;
- Oversee the annual residential room selection process and coordinate room assignments and room changes throughout the academic year including the placement of first-year, returning, graduate, doctorate, and visiting students;
- Organize and manage yearly residence hall opening and closing procedures and coordinate student break housing needs;
- Oversee the management of housing contracts, room condition reports (RCR), emergency contact forms, and health & safety inspections for each residential student by coordinating with Resident Directors;
- Serve as an educator, mediator, and reviewer when a roommate conflict or housing concern is escalated as a result of published policy or departmental process;
- Coordinate with cleaning, maintenance, and IT departments to ensure that daily, general and emergency issues within the residence halls are corrected in a timely fashion;
- Manage data gathering, respond to data/statistical inquiries from campus stakeholders, particularly data related to residential occupancy;
- Serve as the Student Engagement liaison for the University regarding all residential conference groups and work with clients to assure proper room assignments, food service, and meeting room needs;
- Work closely with campus partners regarding housing needs;
- Continuously evaluate and assess University housing occupancy, retention, and projection trends.
- Hold weekly 1:1 meetings with the Executive Director for Student Affairs; Graduate Assistants and students as needed;
- Serve as an Administrator On-Call in a rotation;
III. OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Ensure a student-centered departmental environment with a focus on customer service;
- Support the overall campus programming model by collaborating with faculty, staff, and SGA on initiatives and events;
- Serve as an atIXa trained investigator/hearing panel officer;
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Engagement & Housing.
IV. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated experience working in or supervision of student housing;
- Thorough knowledge and proven track record in Student Affairs, including policy development, programming and student development;
- Strong cross-cultural, interpersonal, and writing skills necessary, including the ability to represent the University in a positive way to diverse populations;
- A demonstrated commitment to promoting a diverse and inclusive community;
- Possesses a demonstrated ability to develop linkages with other University community partners through significant outreach efforts to support student success in and out of the classroom;
- Ability to innovative and create programs that supports student learning, leading to increased persistence and graduation rates across diverse student populations;
- Ability to work with a wide variety of individuals on campus and in all areas of the community to accomplish student life objectives;
- Ability to make sound professional judgments, often under deadline pressure, when dealing with student related issues;
- A proven ability to identify and address problems, exhibit competence in identifying and interpreting needed areas of assessment, display sensitivity regarding personnel matters and the ability to participate effectively in short and long-range planning;
- A strong commitment to the University’s mission to honor the catholic heritage and the spirit of St. Marguerite D’Youville working with students from across diverse cultures, backgrounds and faith traditions that promotes leadership and service.
V. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree in Higher Education Administration or related field.
- 1-2 years of experience within Student Affairs showing progressive responsibilities.
When inquiring or applying for positions at D’Youville College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at D’Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at D’Youville College are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at D’Youville College.