Assistant Director of Academic Planning
Internal Position Title: Assistant Director of Academic Planning
Posting Number: S01693
Department:: Educational Affairs
Position Type: Staff
Job Family: Administrative
The College of Lake County is currently searching for an Assistant Director of Academic Planning.
The Assistant Director of Academic Planning, under the direction of the Vice-President of Education, is responsible for collaborating with the Deans and Associate Deans in leading and managing the college's academic program and product development cycle to meet the needs of workforce and university transfer. This includes oversight of curriculum development through the CLC governance system and serving as a liaison to external agencies on matters of accreditation, compliance and reporting. As such, it serves as project manager to launch new, or expanded, programs and products by aligning resources across divisions, monitoring project progress, and adjusting resources based on progress.
The Assistant Director of Academic Planning manages the development and maintenance of the Curriculum and academic modules in the student information system and the platform for curriculum development. In support of a culture of continuous improvement, the position manages the academic department review process and supports deans and faculty in annual monitoring of action plans and assessment of student learning plans.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, , generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
Posting Date: 03/05/2022
Expected Start Date:
Special Instructions Summary: The posting deadline has been extended.
Pay Rate: $65,000 - $72,300 Annual
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Total Hours Per Week: 40.00
Monday – Friday, 8 am – 4:30 pm*, * May vary in accordance with the needs of the College
Software Testing Required: Excel
Interview Process Requirements: None
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions:
Strategic Leadership and Project Management: 65%
- Lead the college’s academic program and product development cycle to respond to workforce development needs and university transfer goals. Establish ongoing monitoring of environmental factors to inform development of a multi-year program development plan. Leverage student success principles to include curriculum mapping to align program and product development with the college’s mission and strategic plan.
- Manage projects related to launching new, or expanded, programs and products. Create outreach plans to complement strategic marketing plans. Align resources across divisions to support academic program/product launch, monitor project progress, and adjust resources based on progress.
- Oversee all curriculum development and support compliance with ICCB, IBHE, HLC, and other reporting agencies. Serve on Curriculum Committee and related governance groups to provide continuity of practices, standards, and regulations. Act as a liaison with external agencies on matters of curriculum, programs and accreditation.
- Manage academic department review process in support of a culture of continuous improvement. Collaborate with Institutional Research to include equity-focused data sets and evidence that informs action planning by departments. Lead and support deans and faculty in monitoring annual action plans and assessment of student learning plans.
- Manage the development and maintenance of academic modules in the student information system of the college, such as PeopleSoft, and the enterprise platform for curriculum development such as Coursedog. Collaborates with central office staff to align academic schedules (such as visionary scheduling strategies and timelines to completion, etc.)
- Lead the publishing of the college catalog. Collaborate with the Curriculum Coordinator and the Public Relations Department to ensure the catalog is updated, accurate, and published in a timely fashion. Recommend, implement, and monitor technical solutions related to the catalog and its content.
- Develop and track budgets and expenditures for the office of Educational Affairs. Analyze budgets and expenditures across divisions and departments reporting to the Vice President of Education. Specifically take leadership in adjunct faculty and instructional equipment account monitoring.
Curriculum Development, Program Evaluation and Accreditation: 15%
- Ensure continuity of assurance filings for Educational Affairs to the college’s Higher Learning Commission accreditation reports. Develop systems for submissions to the Institutional Research office and contribute to the planning efforts throughout the accreditation cycle.
- Work with faculty leads and Institutional Effectiveness, Planning and Research in developing and implementing evaluation or assessment programs
- Support the Chair of the Curriculum Committee in the curriculum submission, review, and approval process and Curriculum Committee meetings.
- Provide central support for Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) activities across the college. Create goals for expansion of CPL and ensure professional development is delivered for internal stakeholders.
Personnel Management: 15%
- Supervises the Curriculum Coordinator responsible for supporting the development of curriculum.
- Create talent development plans and support professional growth of employees.
- Implement team building methodologies to create a positive and empowering work environment.
- Serve as an Educational Affairs representative to the college’s Lancer Student Success Team. Ensures student success principles are integrated in course and program development to improve retention and completion.
- Coordinate with the Strategy and Success Team units to support projects and action items. Monitor progress of SST goals to create opportunities for celebrating successes and determining root causes of challenges.
- Provide assistance and information in the absence of the Vice-President of Education.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply, visit https://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/19953
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the College of Lake County and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-d2a84968fd621346b358230d860bab37