Adjunct Professor - California School of Professional Psychology
Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.Our Mission:
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world. Our Vision:
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
As the demand for psychology professionals remains steady, so too, does the demand for qualified, accredited, hands-on, and multicultural-focused psychology schools in California. At Alliant International University, our school of psychology is awarded with top accreditation and elite faculty members, helping to give our graduate students the best education possible. Alliant's California School of Professional Psychology is APA and COAMFTE accredited.
Founded in 1969, the California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP) has educated over 16,000 psychology students as one of the nation's first free-standing schools of professional psychology. Graduates from our psychology school are now making an impact in people's lives through their professions as:
- Clinical Psychologists
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical Counselors
- Organizational Psychologists
- Organizational Behavior Psychologists
- Organizational Development Psychologists
Today, our in-person and online psychology school continues its commitment to preparing the next generation of mental health professionals and advocates. Our dedication to ensuring every community's access to quality mental health care extends from integrated care to inclusive family therapy, and our psychology students and alumni begin making an impact in the communities they serve from the moment they set foot in our classroomsAs of February 13, 2022, our immediate needs for Adjunct professors are in the following programs/courses:Fresno Campus
Los Angeles Campus
- Clinical Psychology PsyD program
- Social Bases of Behavior (2 sections)
- Clinical Psychology PhD program
- Psychometrics & Research Design
- Systems Approaches To Intervention
- CFT Program
- Clinical Psychology PhD Program
- Biological Aspects of Behavior (Summer 2022)
- Psychodiagnostic Assessment (Fall and Spring 2022-2023; year-long course)
- Cognitive-Behavioral Approaches to Interventions (Fall and Spring 2022-2023; year-long course)
- Psychodynamic Approaches to Interventions (Fall and Spring 2022-2023; year-long course)
San Diego Campus
- CFT Program
- CFT Practicum
- Family Chemical Dependency
- Clinical Psychology PhD Program
San Francisco/Emeryville Campus - Clinical Psychology PhD Program
- CFT Program
- MFT Assessment (2 sections)
- Chemical Dependency and the Family (2 sections)
- Clinical Psychology PhD Program
- Foundations of Measurement
- Cognitive & Affective Bases
- Clinical Psychology PsyD Program
- Biological Aspects Of Behavior
- Social Basis Of Behavior (2 sections)
- Developmental Psychology/ Lifespan Development (2 sections)
- Ethics and Law (2 sections)
- Organizational Psychology Program
- Ethics and Diversity in Organizations
- Motivation, Employee Engagement, and Retention
- Applied Research
- Talent Management
- Motivation, Innovation, and Change
- Talent Recruitment, Assessment, and Selection
- Research Methods
- Diagnostic Methods for Organizational Consulting
- Advanced Psychopathology
- Human Development
- Theory & Technique: Psychodynamic
- Assessment: Integration
You can learn more about CSPP by visiting the Alliant web site at https://www.alliant.edu/psychology
. If you are interested in joining our team of experts or have other questions about our program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSPP continually seeks subject matter experts to join our cadre of adjunct faculty. The following are the duties, responsibilities, skills and qualifications that Alliant requires from applicants for an Adjunct professor position:Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitating Classroom and Distance/Distributed Learning
- Course and syllabus preparation
- Class curriculum coordination and planning
- Assessment and evaluation of learners
- Mentoring and advising of students
- Holding office hours and meeting with students
- Research/scholarship mentoring and supervision,
- Proficient computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- The ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to problem solve.
- The ability to explain complex requirements in clear and concise terms
- The ability to be flexible with workflow to meet the needs of the department and students and to manage multiple tasks per required deadlines
- The drive to encourage, direct, hold accountable and guide candidates toward task completion.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work as an effective team member and develop trusting relationships with students and Alliant employees, as well as the Registrar's Office and various academic departments.
- Culturally competent and ability to communicate and interact effectively with diverse people.
- Highly motivated, focused and results oriented.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal interactions, and to maintain confidentiality.
- Collaboration and partnering with other university stakeholders to support candidate success.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
- Education: Doctoral or other terminal degree from an accredited college or university, depending upon the needs of the course being taught.
- Experience: Appropriate experience in the areas(s) of specialization and expertise.
- Certifications, Licenses, etc.: As required by program.
Background Check Requirements:
- Appliacants must to vist the website of our Adjunct hiring partner, ProfHire at https://www.profhire.com/login/signup.
- There are a few steps to create a ProfHire profile. Under "If you are applying to teach a specific course or for a specific job, indicate that here": please list Alliant and the specific course or job you are applying and for future consideration.
- All individuals interested in being considered for an Adjunct position, now or in the future, must submit the following items:
- Transcript (of your highest degree obtained), and
- Three (3) professional references
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.Additional Information:
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at email@example.com
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants
. This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully.
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.Company:
Alliant International University, Inc. Country:
United States of America State/Region:
San Diego Postal Code:
92131 Job ID:
159043To apply, visit https://jobsearch.createyourowncareer.com/Alliant/job/San-Diego-Adjunct-Professor-California-School-of-Professional-Psychology-CA-92131/731331301/Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Alliant International University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Alliant International University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Alliant International University are posted, sign up at new job openings at Alliant International University.