The Associate Dean of the School Arts, and Social Sciences reports to the Dean of SASS at Baltimore City Community College. Under the direction of the Dean, the Associate Dean will collaborate to help develop curriculum, course and program assessment. The Associate Dean is responsible for scheduling and personnel management of adjuncts, and will help develop budgets for the academic areas within the Division. The Associate Dean will assist the Dean in developing the day, evening, weekend, inter-session, and summer programs with a student-first focus. The Associate Dean works with the Dean, the VPAA, other administrators, faculty, and staff to deliver integrated instructional programs to promote student success in accordance with the mission, vision, and goals of the College. The Associate Dean will assist the Dean in promoting shared governance and the integration between Academic and Student affairs as it relates to advising, the Pre 100 course (Orientation), and student enrollment functions. The Associate Dean helps to foster, develop, and maintain strong relationships with local high schools, four-year institutions and public and community agencies.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- A Master's Degree in one of the disciplines in the Humanities or Social Sciences.
- Working knowledge and implementation of assessment activities at the course and program levels.
- Experience in course and program review.
- 5 - 7 years of fulltime teaching in a college/university within a discipline in Humanities or Social sciences.
- Experience in developing and coordinating curriculum and instruction.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in ensuring implementation of student learning outcomes and assessment of student learning.
- Demonstrated commitment to academic excellence.
When inquiring or applying for this and other positions at Baltimore City Community College, please reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Baltimore City Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com