Prairie View A&M UniversityExtension Agent, 4H (El Paso County)Job Title
Extension Agent, 4H (El Paso County)Agency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Adloc Cooperative Extension ProgramsProposed Minimum Salary
$3,416.67 monthlyJob Location
El Paso, TexasJob Type
The Extension Agent, under general supervision, implements, plans, and evaluates educational programs and activities in assigned program areas; Supports and assists in the implementation of educational programs and activities in program areas for which other staff members have assigned leadership responsibilities.
The position is grant-funding or support by restricting funding. Continued employment is contingent on the renewal of grant or restricting funding.Responsibilities:
Required Education and Experience:
- Implements the planned educational programs and activities in assigned program areas which address critical issues and/or emerging needs in El Paso County; Supports and assists in the implementation of educational programs and activities in program areas for which other staff members have assigned leadership responsibilities; Identifies, recruits, and trains local volunteer leaders to enable them to effectively perform their duties while serving on committees, clubs, and/or organizations; Utilizes a variety of teaching methods, strategies/techniques, activities, and materials in conducting educational programs; Complies with the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Affirmative Action Plan of Prairie View A&M University in conducting Extension educational programs; Works with and supports Extension-sponsored groups such as 4-H clubs, community-based organizations, and master volunteer groups toward the achievement of increased participation and strengthening programs.
- Plans with committees, task forces, groups, and organizations to conduct educational programs and activities; Develops comprehensive outcome and output program plans which address base programs, critical issues, and clientele needs; Plans evaluation strategies for outcome directed programs and significant program activities; Plans regularly with the total staff to coordinate programming efforts; Coordinates and collaborates with other agencies, groups, and organizations to plan educational programs.
- Maintains appropriate communications with county, district, and administrative staff at PVAMU to facilitate a comprehensive understanding of the county program; Prepares monthly, annual and special reports and outcome program summaries to demonstrate results of planning, program accomplishments, and changes in behavior resulting from the educational programs; Conducts multiple interpretation events for county and state elected officials to report on program accomplishments and outcomes.
- Maintains appropriate communications with county, district, and administrative staffs at PVAMU to facilitate comprehensive understanding of the county program: Prepares monthly, annual and special reports and outcome program summaries to demonstrate results of planning, program accomplishments, and changes in behavior resulting from the educational programs; Conducts multiple interpretation events for county and state elected officials to report on program accomplishments and outcomes.
- Develops a long-range professional improvement plan with the appropriate PVAMU-CEP Regional Program Leader and District Extension Administrator and appropriate input from Regional Program Leaders; Develops annual individual development plan which addresses short-term professional improvement needs and career goals; Participates in formal and informal training opportunities to increase knowledge and skills and maintain technical competencies; Participates in regularly scheduled county staff conferences to coordinate plans, activities, and joint work to promote staff teamwork and to make the best use of each agent?s time; Assists in the maintenance of files, mailing lists, membership rolls of Extension-related organizations, and inventories; Keeps informed on and complies with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program of Cooperative Extension Program; Cooperates with the county coordinator and other staff members in the development and implementation of an EEO Action Plan for the county office unit; Conducts annual performance review with each support staff member the agent is assigned to supervise or coordinates with other staff members with joint supervision responsibilities for the review.
- Performs the responsibilities of the Extension Agent in a professional manner through coordination and cooperation with other county staff members under the supervision of the Regional Program Leader; Understands job duties and responsibilities of an Extension Agent and accepts the responsibilities associated with the position; Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, co-workers, and supervisors. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in an applicable field
- Three (3) or more years of demonstrated experience in program delivery for limited resource and underserved youth
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate cross-culturally and to work with diverse or vulnerable youth groups
- Technical knowledge in civic engagement, youth leadership, college preparation, STEM, and/or healthy living and the ability to apply this knowledge to the solution of problems.
- Knowledge of technology, tools and strategies to effectively conduct and market educational programs
- Ability to reside in county, have access to a personal vehicle, obtain or maintain a valid Texas Driver's License, appropriate insurance coverage and travel connected with official duties (including attendance at meetings or events that may take place during the night, weekend or out-of-county). Travel allowance is provided.
- Ability to function with minimum supervision and respond positively to policy, administration and supervision
- Ability to cope with change
- Ability to work with and through others is essential
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Master's degree in applicable field including, but not limited to, education (extension/agricultural/non-formal), human development (child/youth), and social sciences or services (human/family).
- Demonstrated experience developing life skills in those ages 8 to 18 through 4-H or another youth development organization.
- Demonstrated experience conducting educational outreach through the Cooperative Extension System for youth, families and adult volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience in applying recruitment, training, and management to clubs, educational programs and/or volunteers or advisory groups.
Job Posting Close Date: Required Attachments:Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Knowledge of relevant learning and youth development theories & practices.
- Ability to cooperate with others and build collaborations or partnerships across organizations and institutions.
- Ability to conduct educational presentations in English and Spanish.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above "Required Attachments" section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or email@example.com
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/El-Paso--PVAMU/Extension-Agent--4H--El-Paso-County-_R-047439About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To sign up to receive email alerts as soon as new job openings at Prairie View A&M University are announced: New job openings at Prairie View A&M University