LC State invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of Development and Alumni Engagement.
Salary based on experience and qualifications: $50,000 - $54,000
Summary/Objective of Position
Under the direction of the director of College Advancement, the assistant director manages all functions of alumni relations, including working with the Alumni Association Board to craft and execute its annual plan (including budget management); planning and running special events designed for alumni; and implementing activities that engage alumni and encourage participation in the life of the College. In consultation with the director, the assistant director also manages and executes the annual giving program, which entails direct mail, and related marketing efforts. The assistant director will also be responsible for managing an assigned portfolio; the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospective donors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plan, direct and execute programs in concert with the Alumni Board of Directors and members of the College Advancement team to help meet the LCSC Alumni Association's mission and strategic plan of action.
2. Initiate, coordinate and manage activities of the Alumni Association's Board of Directors, committees and other volunteers.
3. Recruit volunteers and manage and direct programs in which they are involved.
4. Oversee the Alumni Association website, ensuring that the site is up to date with events and programs.
5. Collaborate with the Advancement team on the production of the Alumni magazine, "Journey."
6. Initiate, coordinate and manage all communications to alumni (including e-newsletters, mailings, and social media sites).
7. Design and implement the annual giving program from concept to completion
1. Manage an assigned portfolio of prospects; strategic donor engagement including an emphasis on face-to-face visits; proposal development; identification and solicitation of gifts.
2. Build collegial relationships with faculty, staff and engaging stakeholders through events and communications.
3. Provide a personalized donor experience that results in donor retention, reactivation, pipeline development, and upgraded gifts.
4. Effect cultivation, solicitation and stewardship calls to alumni and friends independently and occasionally with other staff, faculty, and administrators and alumni volunteers. Encourage and coordinate involvement of alumni and friends, and corporate partners through campus visits and regional events.
5. Prepare and present proposals to alumni and friends with the input and assistance of faculty, administrators or deans. Proposals may involve cash, stock, tax planning, gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities and insurance.
6. Perform other duties related to the mission of Lewis-Clark State College under the guidance of the Director of Advancement.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3 years full-time professional experience in fundraising or related area
• Experience working in an environment dependent on developing and maintaining positive relationships
• Experience with volunteer boards and committees
• Public relations or marketing experience
• Strong knowledge of development and alumni activities, preferably in higher education
• Experience in grant writing
• Knowledge of annual fund appeals
• Experience in event planning
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Effective organizational and marketing skills
• Familiarity with database systems and applications, preferably with customer relationship management systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to organize resources, and maintain good time management skills and techniques
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively on multiple projects in a face-paced environment
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. The person in this position frequently communicates with community members who have inquiries about the institution and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Frequently moves program supplies weighing up to 15 pounds across campus for various event needs. Will occasionally work in outdoor weather conditions for special events.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; with occasional weekend and evening work hours required.
Travel: Air and vehicle travel are required for this position.
Please upload all of the following documents, or your application may not be considered for review:
• Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
• Resume/Curriculum Vitae
• Contact Information or Letters for three (3) Professional References
• Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts requested upon hire)
This position is open until filled; however, applications received on or before March 7, 2022 will receive first consideration. Posting will remain open until a suitable pool of candidates identified.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check and may also be subject to an education verification. LC State is an EEO/AA/VETS employer.
To Apply, visit:
When inquiring or applying for positions within Lewis-Clark State College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Lewis-Clark State College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Lewis-Clark State College are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at Lewis-Clark State College.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency