Assistant Professor - Master of Social Work Program (online)
Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.Our Mission:
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world. Our Vision:
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
This role will act as Assistant Professor, a faculty member who has completed a terminal degree (e.g. doctorate) in the area in which the faculty member will be teaching. As an Assistant Professor, they facilitate learning, and partake in scholarship, service or any combination of those activities.
This role is an inaugural position and represents and oportunity to shape program philosophy, curriculum and faculty composition. The MSW program is an online program and the Assistant Professor will be teaching remotely. Alliant is hiring two (2) full-time postions and they are intended to start in January 2023.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Faculty Activities/Responsibilities
- Facilitating Learning
- Facilitating Classroom and Distance/Distributed Learning
- Course and syllabus preparation
- Class curriculum coordination and planning
- Assessment and evaluation of learners
- Student selection, orientation, and assessment
- Mentoring and advising of students
- Field placement supervision and coordination
- Research/scholarship mentoring and supervision.
- Scholarship - Scholarship/ research reflecting the generation, integration, dissemination, and application of knowledge, as well as creative and original contributions to one's field commensurate with academic rank.
- Service - All faculty engage in service to the University, Community and Profession commensurate with academic rank. Examples in each categoryinclude:
- Service to the University:
- Hiring and evaluating faculty
- Participating in developing, revising, and coordinating curriculum as well as maintaining program vitality
- Participating in processes to improve academic program quality
- Participating in processes to improve quality of School, campus, and University faculty experience Participating in faculty governance
- Service to the Community:
- Contributions at the local, state, and national levels involving one's professional expertise to the public, to organizations, and to governmental entities
- Service to the Profession:
- Participation in and leadership of professional organizations
- Reviewing for journals, conferences, and research grant panels
- Other Duties & Responsibilities Required of All Faculty - Certain duties are additionally required of all faculty and are not given formal workload credit but will be included in yearly evaluations. These include but are not limited to:
- Active participation in campus life to sustain a high level of facilitated learning
- Participation in program governance, including program-based committees
- Active participation in program and campus activities (including scheduled and impromptu meetings of faculty, staff, and students)
- Picking up and promptly responding to paper, voice and electronic mail and messages
- VIsibility and accessibility supporting a sense of community
- Regular accessibility either by person, by telephone and/or virtually to students, colleagues, and the greater University community
- Posting of teaching schedules, office hours, and procedures for making appointments on the faculty member's door, online and on syllabi
- Attendance and participation in program, department, and faculty meetings
- Responding in a timely fashion to students' requests for meetings, to telephone calls, and to e-mail communications
- Carrying an advising load of up to fourteen students (depending on size of the program and the judgment of the Program Director)
- Participation in hiring faculty
- Participation in developing, revising, and coordinating curriculum and maintaining program vitality
- Participation in processes to improve quality of school/college, campus, and University faculty experience
- Participation in, selection, admission, and retention of new students, including attendance at admissions open houses, participating in admission interviews, new student orientation, and advising of students
- Submittal of grades, attendance, syllabi, and textbook orders in compliance with University established procedures and deadlines.
- Perform other related tasks, duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or directed.
Minimum Qualifications for the statistics/research design position:
- Proficient computer skills
- The ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to problem solve
- The ability to explain complex requirements in clear and concise terms
- The ability to be flexible with workflow to meet the needs of the department and students and to manage multiple tasks per required deadlines
- The drive to encourage, direct, hold accountable and guide students toward task completion
- Must demonstrate the ability to work as an effective team member and develop trusting relationships with students and University employees
- Culturally competent and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and/or experiences
- Highly motivated, focused and results oriented
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal interactions, and to maintain confidentiality
- Collaboration and partnering with other university stakeholders to support candidate success
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
- Education: Candidates must hold a Masters of Social Work from a CSWE accredited program, and a Doctoral degree in Social Work, or a closely related field, from an accredited college or university.
- Experience: 2 - 3 years of professional teaching experience, familiarity with social work at the graduate level; experience in facilitating learning.
- Certifications, Licenses, etc.: None
Background Check Requirements:
- Please submit a resume/CV and cover letter (in part, describing your interest in and fit for the position).
- Applicants invited to interview should be prepared to provide three (3) professional references, a research agenda, and your teaching philosophy with teaching evaluations.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.Additional Information:
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at email@example.com
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants
. This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully.
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.Company:
Alliant International University, Inc. Country:
United States of America State/Region:
San Diego Postal Code:
92131 Job ID:
206327To apply, visit https://jobsearch.createyourowncareer.com/Alliant/job/San-Diego-Assistant-Professor-Master-of-Social-Work-Program-%28online%29-CA-92131/778822601/Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Alliant International University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Alliant International University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Alliant International University are posted, sign up at new job openings at Alliant International University.