Provides administrative and logistical support to Diversity initiatives for those that are Underrepresented In Medicine (URIM) for the office of the Associate Dean of
Diversity. The person will have administrative responsibilities for working with the Associate Dean of Diversity in initiating and coordinating activities related to research and diversity. He/she will receive practical skills, knowledge, and experience in thinking strategically about diversity within the academy while simultaneously receiving the training of an academic researcher/PI.
- Independently identifies new grant opportunities through the NIH, other government organizations and private foundations. Advises Associate Dean and URIM students, residents, fellows and staff of appropriate opportunities. Develops and submits proposals.
- Supports the Associate Dean with administrative leadership of Diversity activities. Provides confidential correspondence for the Associate Dean, draws up documents, including manuscripts, grant applications, progress reports & student/trainee evaluations.
- In consultation with the Associate Dean, develops and directs new policies and procedures for Diversity initiatives.
- May represent the office to discuss Diversity events, research & potential collaborations. Collaborates with faculty/staff on curriculum, applications, clinical placement & research projects for pipeline programs, other colleges & pathways into pipeline.
- Travels as needed nationally and internationally for research and diversity related activities. Participates in independent research activities; aids in the development of the pipeline and develops the independent research capacity to be a part of it.
- Assists in preparation of grant applications, renewals & progress reports. Develops grant budgets. Prepares/analyzes and reviews contracts and subcontracts. Routes new grants and contracts for approval.
- Adopts, formulates, and communicates necessary changes in operational policies dealing with grant administration.
- Assists in preparation for institutional LCME review/accreditation, including writing and review of documents/reports and attendance at meetings as it relates to diversity.
- Serves as primary contact & resource for medical students, residents, fellows & faculty involved in research & Diversity programs. Develops & independently plans domestic/international meetings, forums, workshops & other events.
- Independently manages the Diversity website and Diversity Newsletter including developing and writing new material and updating program information as appropriate.
- Performs administrative management of IRB protocols for research studies. Liaises between protocol PI and IRB and ensure that protocols are submitted and renewed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Approximately 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- PhD, EdD or MPH is highly desired.
- Experience in working in multicultural environments with a demonstrated interest in enhancing diversity highly desired.
- Research background/experience preferred.
- Grants management/writing preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite and database applications.
- Must be articulate and possess a professional demeanor.
- Detail oriented and superb organizational skills.
- Must be able to prepare routine correspondence and memos independently with appropriate consideration for security and confidentiality of sensitive documents and matters related to personnel, finances, etc.
- Must be able to make decisions independently, particularly during periods when the Associate Dean is traveling and not immediately available.
Licenses and Certifications
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Availability to travel if needed (conferences, training).
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that's committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Weill Cornell Medicine provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
Apply Here: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareerpvt?jobId=62307&company=C0000274692P&st=2399D1E4A182A4B20161C05A74A542AF0D9685F4
When inquiring or applying for positions within Weill Cornell Medicine, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Weill Cornell Medicine and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Weill Cornell Medicine are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at Weill Cornell Medicine.