Assistant Professor, Occupational Therapy
As an Occupational Therapy faculty member you will teach at the graduate level; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; research/scholarship; participate on College and University committees and/or initiatives.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. The Marieb College of Health & Human Services encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
• Teaches his/her areas of expertise in the program, and mentoring students in research, which ideally will be in the area of the candidates' scholarly interests
• Engages in scholarly activities at the level required to ultimately apply for promotion to the next higher rank
• Participation in Department, Program and College faculty meetings, and provision of service to the University, College, Department, Program or professional community as their career advances
• Participates in curriculum and course review and revisions processes; admissions; and assisting with meeting accreditation requirements
• Student advising and community involvement
• Perform other duties as assigned
Additional Job Description
• Doctoral degree (e.g. PhD, EdD, ScD, OTD) in Occupational Therapy or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation
• Licensed in the State of Florida to practice Occupational Therapy (or eligible for state licensure)
• Three years of experience in a variety of practice areas
• Excellent communication skills and collegial nature
• ABD will be considered if degree is conferred by August 7, 2022. If successful candidate is ABD, appointment will be made at an Instructor level on a fixed contract
• Experience with university teaching
• Content areas of Physical disabilities; Pediatrics; Mental Health and/or Geriatrics
• Commitment to established research agenda
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Experience or commitment to the use of technology in distance learning & university teaching. Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning. Must value continued scholarship and service to the school and university.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Appointment will be made at a faculty rank commensurate with the candidate's experience on a 12-month multi-year appointment basis available August 2022.
If successful candidate is ABD, appointment will be made at an Instructor level on a fixed contract.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida's Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore, all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CAN NOT BE RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU.
Under Florida's Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
Required Application Materials:
• Unofficial Transcripts
• Statement of Teaching Philosophy and Statement of Scholarship
• Curriculum Vitae
• Cover Letter
• Research Statement as fits discipline
• Five (5) Professional References
Salary commensurate with education and experience
The position is listed as "open until filled", however applications received by March 1, 2022 will receive priority consideration."
FGCU is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
To Apply, visit:
When inquiring or applying for positions at Florida Gulf Coast University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Florida Gulf Coast University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Florida Gulf Coast University are posted, sign up at new job openings at Florida Gulf Coast University.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency