The coordinator is responsible for supporting day to day program operations in the School of Health Professions. This position will primarily assist in the management of student clinical rotations, assisting in tracking and confirming clinical placements and associated memoranda of agreement, communicating and corresponding with site coordinators, managing fieldwork files, and assisting with student and fieldwork databases. The coordinator will also assist program directors in administrative functions related to accreditation compliance.
This is a temporary, full-time position.
• Create and maintain database for tracking all accreditation records
• Provide support for student outcomes assessment - including data collection, analysis, and report generation
• Support Dean and programs, and provide guidance to department staff, on the development of analytical reports, compliance documents, and self-study documents for regional and specialized accreditation
• Assist in the preparation and completion of annual and self-study reports
• Assist programs with developing and maintaining affiliations with a variety of sites locally and nationally
• Organize and arrange student schedules with clinical preceptors at a variety of sites locally and nationally
• Complete student credentialing documentation and site onboarding ensuring compliance with site requirements
• Implement, analyze, and distribute evaluation and survey data for students, preceptors, and clinical sites
• Initiate, negotiate and maintain documentation for college and clinical sites
• Serve as a program liaison for affiliation sites and clinical preceptors
• Serve as primary student and preceptor contact and support during fieldwork
• Distribute preceptor benefit information and plan annual preceptor recognition events
• Foster an environment that supports student’s and preceptor’s success
• Maintain confidentiality around student records and personnel matters
• Attend offsite meetings and travel to sites as necessary
• Maintain and update program websites and databases
• Type correspondence and compile annual reports
• Handle special projects as designated by programs and/or Dean
• Prepare analytical reports for internal and external audiences
• Experience with academic assessment, compliance, and accreditation
• Experience with higher education policies and processes, and knowledge of administrative units in higher education
• Ability to define and solve problems, collect data and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Interpret a variety of instructions finished in written, oral diagram or schedule form
• Ability to analyze and interpret general business procedures
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
• Ability to present information and respond to questions from faculty, students, staff, and preceptors
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints
• Perform office work directly related to the management of general business operations that includes independent judgment on matters of significance
• Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent skills with MS Office (Access, Excel, and Word), Web applications, databases, and analytical programs
• Engage in self-directed professional development
• Commitment to mission of D’Youville College
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred or associate’s degree in a health profession
• Familiarity with college/university health education programs and administration preferred
• High degree of organization, problem solving and detail orientation
• Must be able to work autonomously and as a team member
D’Youville is a highly regarded private college and research institution with a rich history located on the vibrant West Side of Buffalo adjacent to a growing downtown with year-round cultural events and outdoor recreation. While preparing students for the 21st-century, D’Youville excels at helping students reach their career goals as change agents, doing well for themselves and their communities by doing good. Under the leadership of President Lorrie Clemo, the university is moving boldly forward through a dynamic and integrated planning process to strengthen the institution and positively impact the student experience and surrounding community.
Founded in 1908, the Grey Nuns named the college after the Patron Saint Marguerite D’Youville and committed to making it a compassionate place of learning for those from underrepresented populations. That commitment and tradition continue today. D’Youville was the first college in Western New York to offer baccalaureate degree programs for women. With a long Catholic history, D’Youville welcomes students of every culture, background, and faith and is a place where different faith traditions can be openly shared and respected. Coeducational since 1971, D’Youville strives to expand opportunities for diverse learners, including adults, first-generation, low-income, and other students historically underrepresented in higher education.
Today, D’Youville features an urban, growing campus community of 3,000 students and offers more than 50 majors in undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral studies including advanced certificates and accelerated learning programs. Featuring degrees in healthcare, business, and the liberal arts, D’Youville encourages students to balance their learning with activities that integrate community service with coursework. D’Youville’s proud graduates have the academic strengths necessary for careers that make a difference and the skills to be leaders for the world. To learn more about D’Youville, please visit http://www.dyc.edu/.
When inquiring or applying for positions at D’Youville College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at D’Youville College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at D’Youville College are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at D’Youville College.