Under the direction of the Executive Dean, the Program Director, MCP: AT serves as the administrative head of the Master MCP:AT program in Vancouver. The Program Director leads the development and implementation of programmatic goals within the scope the institutional mission. This role provides thought-leadership to the university while leveraging industry knowledge and best practices to promote the mission and vision of the MCP:AT department and the institution. Supports culture development and management efforts.
- A Doctoral-level degree in Counselling Psychology: Art Therapy or related mental health discipline required.
- Minimum five (5) years of demonstrated experience as an administrator in an academic setting with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
- Valid Mental Health Counsellor License along with the attainment of the ATR-BC, RCC, or RCAT designation is required.
- Commitment to and experience with teaching and mentoring graduate level students.
- Familiarity with regional accreditation and provincial authorization.
- Ability to establish strong collaborative relationships across the university.
- Ability to create and maintain external community linkages to support programmatic goals, and collaborate with other program directors in establishing joint programming initiatives.
- Ability to serve as primary liaison between the program and various faculty and governance bodies.
- Ability to serve as an advocate and manager for programmatic resources.
- Ability to consistently identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations based on observations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide continuous support for core faculty development.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to the principles of academic governance, especially the collaborative development of appropriate governance processes.
- Strong demonstration of alignment with Adler's social justice mission and vision.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and visioning acumen.
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and barriers to stated objective and employ assistance in addressing these.
- Strong collaboration acumen and abilities.
- Demonstration of Emotional Intelligence and professional maturity.
- Proficient and functional knowledge of MS Office (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong research acumen and abilities.
- Strong communication acumen including written, oral, and listening.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops, reviews, and implements programmatic strategic plans while working closely with the Art Therapy program peers in Chicago to ensure alignment with the mission and strategic plan of the institution; Facilitates monthly programmatic meetings.
- Ensures programmatic external and internal compliance with all Adler academic and administrative policies and procedures including: timely completion of catalog content, providing final programmatic approval for related new programs, program revisions, and new/revised courses by facilitating the process through the appropriate committees.
- Selects and evaluates qualified full-time and adjunct faculty members teaching within the Program; Meets with core faculty to develop annual load forms, schedules for courses for the program, and professional goals.
- Promotes, facilitates, and implements the development of new academic initiatives within the program, and reviews and approves the Master Course Syllabus or Master Course Shell for all courses.
- Guides the application for and/or maintenance of any applicable program, regional, state, or provincial accreditation while also providing leadership for the Institutional Program Review process.
- Ensures the creation, implementation, evaluation, and annual review of each academic program's education outcomes including: program outcomes, student learning outcomes, and faculty outcomes. Ensure the implementation of programmatic changes identified by this annual review process.
- Ensure timely development of programmatic Student Learning Outcome Assessment Program (SLOAP) reports and other assessment data. Works closely with program faculty to ensure assessment data is utilized to improve curriculum and student learning outcomes.
- Teaches courses within programs at a reduced load given administrative responsibilities.
- Manages programmatic budget, monitors and approves expenditures, develops and maintains timeline for appropriate accreditation/certification cycles, where appropriate.
- Leads (where appropriate), supports and monitors student recruitment, marketing, academic advising, and student development.
- Other duties as assigned and / or required.
Work Environment: The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Universal Core Behaviors:
- Effectively expresses oneself in all oral and written communications.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills.
- Keeps others informed, as well as responds, in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates match between words and actions.
- Responds with tact, diplomacy, respect and composure when dealing with others.
- Promotes the spirit and essence of the School's Vision, Mission, Values and Key Strategies through both verbal and written communication.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Cooperates with others toward the achievement of common goals.
- Seeks consensus and win-win solutions to problems and conflicts.
- Contributes actively and participates fully in team initiatives.
- Puts success of the team above own interests.
- Builds and maintains constructive work relationships
Responsive to Change:
- Supports changes in the work environment.
- Displays a proactive and problem-solving approach toward work.
- Committed to life-long learning by continuously increasing skills, knowledge, and effectiveness.
- Actively seeks and initiates creative and innovative solutions.
- Exercises sound, accurate, and informed independent judgment when needed.
Quality-Driven and Accountable:
- Results-oriented and committed to quality through continuous process improvement.
- Eliminates ineffective activities and closes performance gaps.
- Anticipates and responds to customer needs.
- Monitors own performance, accept responsibility for actions and actively seeks feedback.
- Meets deadlines and completes projects and activities in professional, timely manner.
- Seeks opportunities to increase productivity and/or reduce costs while maintaining highest quality standards (fiscally responsible).
Support of Vision, Mission, Values, Key Strategies:
- Supports and models the School's Values of: social interest, compassion, justice, respect for the individual, honors diversity and difference, intellectual rigor, optimism and collaboration.
- Articulates the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies in a way to educate others.
- Demonstrates active commitment in advancing the School's Vision, Mission and Key Strategies.
- Exhibits personal integrity, honesty, zeal and compassion.
- Aligns work processes to advance the School's strategic plan and key strategies.
View/Apply this job and others from Adler University Here: Adler University Employment Website
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Adler University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com