The Sobey School of Business at Saint Mary's University invites applications for one tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in Business Analytics commencing July 1, 2022. The successful candidate will be hosted in the Computing and Information Systems group of the Department of Finance, Information Systems and Management Science, and in the new Sobey Master of Business Analytics (MBAN) Program. The Sobey MBAN program is designed to meet the growing need for talented data analytics professionals with the skills and advanced applied knowledge to develop, evaluate, refine, and implement analytics applications to drive business innovation and success.
1. A PhD in Business Administration with strong knowledge and interest in various data analytics methods and tools.
2. Demonstrated research ability in machine learning for business analytics and artificial intelligence for business applications. Ability to teach the machine learning and artificial intelligence course in the MBAN program. Ability to teach any of the following will be considered an asset: organizational information systems, accounting analytics and/or financial analytics, foundations of professional analytics, ethics and governance.
3. Familiarity with the Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) credential requirements and body of knowledge, and ability and willingness to help MBAN students prepare for the CAP exam and its seven domains of knowledge.
4. Knowledge of software tools and languages commonly used in Business Analytics such as Microsoft Power BI, Stata, SQL, and Python.
5. Ability to integrate technology in teaching and prior experience in virtual approaches to learning.
6. Potential to attract Tri-council research funding, supervise graduate and undergraduate students, and build a solid research program focusing on the applications of data analytics and machine learning in business and related areas such as ethics, governance, sustainability, and health analytics.
7. Willingness to build research and education connections with other areas (disciplines, departments and programs) of the Sobey School of Business and of Saint Mary's University.
Please visit https://www.smu.ca/webfiles/Approved-MBANTenure-TrackAd.pdf