Superintendent of Custodial Operations
Job ID: 236429
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
9950201 Custodial Operations
Direct custodial maintenance services for General Fund buildings to provide clean and sanitary conditions and moving service for total campus. Manage event set-up support, special project management, quality assessment, inspection management, business unit performance management (metrics, KPI's), supply management and respond to after hour emergencies as needed.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Direct the operation of Equipment Transport Services, which involves departmental moves and develops in coordination with University staff, the equipment and facility usage plans for special events, which include: convocation, graduation, educational series programs, alumni events, and other Campus events
- Develop and execute a system of internal controls which provide reasonable assurance that unit operations are effective and efficient, unit assets are safeguarded, unit financial information is reliable, and the unit complies with applicable laws, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures
- Review work orders assigned
- Ensure, maintain and enter accurate data into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) that are related to work status, pertinent details, costs (labor/materials), dates, time, invoices, images, actions performed to correct the issue, etc.
- Track estimated hours to actual hours for scheduled work for the operation
- Maintain committed schedule completion dates and standardized productivity levels
- Analyze and categorize work backlog by prioritizing and assigning effort required for work completion
- Prepare departmental budget recommendation and forecast future requirements based on data collected
- Prepare annual report on results achieved against established objectives and established goals for future years
- Develop, maintain and monitor inventory control system and preventative maintenance program
- Manage and direct the Custodial Maintenance Department which consists of floor technicians, industrial cleaning technicians, equipment mechanic, contractors, logistical support manager, supply and inventory technicians
- Formulate departmental personnel policies that are in line with Georgia Southern Human Resource Policy and administer corrective action
- Develop and/or review training programs designed to increase skills and efficiency of custodial personnel, and develop standard methods and use of materials
- Implement use of new methods, systems and materials, trains and orients new personnel to perform effectively through formal training and in-service training methods
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with legal codes and regulations
- Accomplish departmental objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching and counseling employees
- Plan, communicate and monitor job expectations
- Appraise job contributions; recommend compensation actions
- Ensure adherence to departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), applicable Federal and State guidelines and unit process guide
- Develop, implement and maintenance cleaning plan for each work area to provide individually and equally proportional assignments to ensure workload balance and complete service delivery by applying cleaning rates to required frequencies and services
- Establish rated levels of cleanliness for various area assignments
- Establish efficient working hours and maintenance cleaning plan for each custodian
Other Required Qualifications
- High level of mathematical, reading, writing, and communication skills
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience within facilities work environment
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
$56,300 - $64,000
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and e-mail with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings or printed materials, visual graphics, blueprints, and regulations
- Ability to apply and measure outcomes against APPA standards
- Must be able to assess appropriate skill level to task to provide most cost effective service
- Must interpret and explain procedures to subordinate staff members
- Must have computer ability to enter and manipulate data for reports, statistical information, and correspondence relative to the Custodial Department
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Must have a working knowledge of trades and their functions, and task specific sequencing required for maintenance/housekeeping, sanitation, and related repairs
- Knowledgeable of APPA standards for custodial
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Use effective communication and human relations skills
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
- Must demonstrate management skills such as: planning, organizing, ability to delegate, train, coach, lead, mentor, motivate, and ensure cohesiveness in a diverse work environment
- Ensure that safety program objectives are met by supporting a culture of safety and develop and implement safety programs
- May counsel employees
Apply Before Date
December 3, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
- Maintain valid driver's license
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
- May be required to walk and/or stand
- May be exposed to outdoor elements
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Ability to drive University vehicles
- Ability to work beyond the 40 hours workweek including nights and weekends
Standard, Education, and DMV
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=236429&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for this and other job openings at Georgia Southern University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com