Specialist, Conversion, Recruitment & Retention
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$43,000+ (commensurate with education and experience)
Non - Exempt
The Specialist, Conversion, Recruitment & Retention will be based in one of our Dallas College Campuses and is responsible for providing support services for students to promote retention and academic success. This position will engage students in a variety of student services activities to ensure progression towards graduation leading to career or transfer goals; works in collaboration with faculty, various student support services professionals and students at the college.
This position will also support the development, coordination, and implementation of community outreach, recruitment and retention programs and activities based on the overall enrollment management objectives as prescribed by the strategic priorities of Dallas College under the leadership of the Dean of Recruitment and Retention.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of the purpose of community colleges and the vision of Dallas College.
• Knowledge of the principles, practices and trends of Higher Education Outreach, Recruitment, and Retention.
• Experience participating in and supporting change initiatives including knowledge and skill in process improvement, project planning, conflict resolution, team building, customer service, and data-based decision-making concepts.
• Able to develop and maintain outreach community programs with the intent of community involvement and cultivation as well as build community awareness of programs and services of the college.
• Must demonstrate an ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a variety of individuals (students, parents, adult learners, and community members).
• General knowledge and experience in working with student success programs.
• Experience with current and emerging technology related to recruitment and retention, including working knowledge with enrollment management systems and web-based recruitment efforts.
• An understanding of contemporary issues in higher education is required through professional development activities.
• Demonstrated knowledge of principles of equity and inclusion and a demonstrated commitment to the promotion of diversity.
• Demonstrated understanding of the educational, cultural, and social needs of a diverse student population.
• Ability to identify, address, and collaborate with others on solutions to barriers preventing a significant portion of our population from having a job that pays a living wage.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, complex ideas, and information to a variety of diverse stakeholders/constituents within the Dallas College community network related to career and academic
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Associates degree or higher. Official transcripts required.
• Two (2) years of related experience preferably in a higher education setting with demonstrated experience in recruitment and/or retention.
• Ability to work extended hours beyond the regular 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. workday especially during heavy registration peak times including nights and weekends.
• ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Collaborate and support the development, execution, and ongoing improvement of student outreach, recruitment and retention programs that embody the values and goals of Dallas College.
· Provide support of retention efforts in collaboration with the entire College community.
· Identify gaps in services based on best practices in retention and create programs to improve student success.
· Identify specific cohort groups with targeted interventions.
· Act as liaison to at-risk students whether self-identified or faculty/staff identified including assisting in programs of support between various Student Success and Academic Affairs departments.
· Support and act on the implementation of a comprehensive communication plan in collaboration with Dallas College Marketing outlining strategies for a variety of market segments that address all students, programs, enrollment inquiries, application processes, and all pre-enrollment or outreach phases of the enrollment process.
· Maintain effective communication between students, staff, faculty and administrators within the College and external community stakeholders.
· Support and act on the strategic planning, development, scheduling, marketing, and implementation of District-wide comprehensive recruitment/retention programs and specialized recruitment/retention events or activities throughout the county; ensure recruitment/retention objectives, goals, budgets, policies, practices, and actions produce successful recruitment results consistent with Dallas College's overall mission and district wide or college strategic plan.
· Deploy data-informed and results oriented recruitment and retention programs.
· Utilize technology to access data, maintain records, and generate reports and communicate with others.
· Employ long and short-term planning and evaluation of all recruitment and retention strategies and programs, including resource management; analyze and evaluate multiple market segments and target recruitment and retention needs; plan, implement, and report on recruitment and retention programs or activities addressing such need.
· Interpret, articulate, and implement a variety of regulations, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with Dallas College, state, and federal requirements.
· Prepares reports, proposals, and recommendations for overall programs; keeps detailed records of assigned activities.
· Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Successful candidate will
Use CRM (customer relationship management) program to monitor and track the interest and application funnel for prospective students. Help ensure applicants have submitted all required documents and application materials. Keep students informed of their status within the admissions process by maintaining consistent communication throughout the admissions process.
Position will require employee to work one late day a week from 10am-7pm.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com