Specialist, Transcript Evaluator & Records
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$43,000+ (commensurate with education and experience)
Ensures students are supported through the academic journey from connection through completion. Supporting all registrar and transcript functions, providing students with up-to-date information about their progress specific to academic records, residency, and transcript evaluation.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Knowledge of the purpose of community colleges and the vision of Dallas College.
· General knowledge and experience in working with student success programs.
· Experience with current and emerging technology related to admissions, enrollment, and registrar functions.
· An understanding of contemporary issues in higher education is required through professional development activities.
· Demonstrated knowledge of principles of equity and inclusion and a demonstrated commitment to the promotion of diversity.
· Demonstrated understanding of the educational, cultural, and social needs of a diverse student population.
· Demonstrated knowledge of the key interactions between the functions of Student Success (Admissions, Registrar & Testing) and Academic Affairs (Curriculum & Instruction).
· Ability to identify, address, and collaborate with other team members on solutions to barriers preventing a significant portion of our population from having a job that pays a living wage.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, complex ideas, and information to a variety of diverse stakeholders/constituents
within the Dallas College community network related to career and academic requirements.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
· Associates degree or higher. Official transcripts required.
· Two (2) years of experience in a higher education setting with demonstrated experience in admissions and/or registrar.
· Ability to work extended hours beyond the regular 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. workday especially during heavy registration peak times including nights and weekends.
· ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Support and execute the daily operation of the transcripts, processing, and records area. This includes the security and auditing of current and former student and faculty documents.
· Maintain and ensure accuracy of records in student information system. Coordinate information with other departments as needed.
· Update system tables and coordinate the report writing to meet department, district, and reporting requirements.
· Plans, develops, implements, and coordinates, manage, and set timelines for the district academic calendar based on federal and state guidelines.
· Support leadership in the planning, design, and implementation of office operations, policies, procedures, and compliance activities.
· Provide consultation and assistance to staff, students, and external agencies regarding records and transcripts. Resolve discrepancies pertaining to student and instructor records.
· Support leadership of admissions and enrollment efforts in collaboration with the entire College community.
· Maintain effective communication between students and faculty within the College and external community stakeholders.
· Ensures that appropriate and timely follow-up is made with students related to transcript and records request.
· Provide support of transcript evaluations, residency verification, academic records, verification of credentials of candidates for graduation and all other relevant transcript and graduation services.
· Utilize technology to access data, maintain records, and generate reports and communicate with others.
· Interpret, articulate, and implement a variety of regulations, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the Registrar & Student Records to ensure compliance with Dallas College, state, and federal requirements.
· Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com