Nebraska Wesleyan University is accepting applications from candidates who are interested in teaching students in Lincoln, NE as a clinical adjunct for Maternal Child/OB course in Spring 2022.
Applicants will have opportunities to create, manage and participate in a variety of learning environments and activities that provide opportunities for students to develop to their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives. We seek an individual who will participate collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff to promote the general well-being of the department and the college, and the collective and individual interest of its staff and student body.
Our department strives to provide a challenging yet supportive environment for our students. We seek candidates with a demonstrated enthusiasm for undergraduate teaching, a commitment to creative instruction in clinical settings, and recent clinical experience.
TEACHING: Plans, develops and presents organized clinical instruction and learning opportunities for students in accordance with approved course outlines in topics relating to the required and approved curriculum of the department, and other related topics that address department goals.
COMMUNICATION: Assures effective two-way communication at all levels of responsibility. Provides out-of-class communication opportunities with students. Participates in department, division, and college meetings on a limited basis. Represents the college to external constituencies as appropriate. Seeks always to promote a spirit of collegiality in dealings with college staff.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Maintains competency and currency in the subject matter of courses taught and in teaching skills.
FACILITY: Assumes responsibility for the orderliness of the learning environment and the appropriate and safe use of instructional facilities and equipment.
Commitment to Diversity:
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University's mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
* A Master of Science in Nursing is required.
* A license to practice nursing as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nebraska is required.
* At least one year of clinical experience in the Maternal Child/OB area of nursing.
* An appreciation for liberal arts education and a general understanding of the various academic disciplines represented in the curriculum.
* Sufficient knowledge of, and experience with, undergraduate pedagogy in order to teach effectively.
* A collegial approach to discussion and decision-making.
* Demonstrated commitment to student academic achievement.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively with faculty and students.
* Strong commitment to student-centered active learning and student engagement activities.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit a letter of application addressing qualifications, current curriculum vitae or resume, a statement of your commitment to diversity and inclusion, and the names of three professional references, and unofficial transcripts to the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please visit the NWU website for more information about our institution: nebrwesleyan.edu