Courier, Shipping and Receiving
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$36,000 + (commensurate with education and experience)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$17.31 per hour
The Dallas College Facilities Management Department supports the facility needs for Dallas College while providing responsible stewardship and efficient operation of the College's physical assets. The Facilities Management Department is responsible for approximately 5,000,000 sq. ft. of physical space and over 1400 acres of land, located across multiple locations in Dallas County. The position of Shipping and Receiving Courier supports this effort by ensuring shipping, receiving, and mail functions are processed at a high level across all Dallas College locations.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of and ability to perform general automobile preventive maintenance.
• Able to transport various items to and from various locations and vendors, ensuring proper care of items handled during transport.
• Ability to operate a vehicle and/or a forklift to pick-up and deliver furniture, supplies, parts, and mail. at multiple college locations throughout Dallas County.
• Ability to record and/or log equipment operational status.
• Able to solve basic problems by reviewing data.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
• Able to prepare and maintain accurate transportation logs, vehicle fuel consumption logs, and other data as required.
• Able to perform inspections and preventive maintenance observations on vehicles.
• Able to work with coworkers and clients.
• Must be able to correspond with representatives to rectify problems, such as damages and shortages.
• Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures that affect clients and/or employees, applying them fairly and consistently; ensures compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations; and applies best practices that are in direct support of the overall vision, mission, and goals of the college.
• Able to gather, compile, and analyze data/information and prepare reports as requested.
• Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple assignments and projects, create detailed actions plans, as well as the ability to adapt to changing priorities, deadlines, and directions.
• Demonstrate positive working relationships with diverse colleagues and clients.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• High School diploma or equivalent and two (2) years related experience and proficient computer skills.
• Current and valid Texas driver’s license required for offsite travel.
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures that the Shipping and Receiving Department provides the highest quality customer service across all Dallas College locations and ensures that College mail and shipping orders are processed in an efficient manner across all Dallas College locations and ensures distribution of packages and mail in a timely manner.
• Answer questions regarding transfers and delivery transactions by telephone and/or in person.
• Makes Deliveries and pickups from various Dallas College locations in a safe and efficient manner.
• Works with other Facilities teammates to ensure the highest level of customer service and assist other Facilities Management teams as required.
• Provides excellent customer service.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com