aramedic Instructors provide expert skills and knowledge to deliver instruction to their students, focusing on ensuring students achieve the necessary skills mandated by course curricula and successfully meet course objectives. Instructors may be required to evaluate students' performance by verifying their understanding of the course material, competency of learned skills, and their ability to demonstrate applied knowledge. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing classroom or training areas and pick-up and return of training devices, as needed.
- Performing basic maintenance on training aids and/or equipment as needed.
- Preparing and conducting to College instructional standards classroom, laboratory, seminar, conference, discussion, lecture, demonstration and practical exercises per class training schedule.
- Supplementing the course curriculum and lesson plans by incorporating lessons learned from specific/relevant training and after-action reviews, doctrine, and current and evolving Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP) into the daily instruction.
- Being available for occasional course classes held in the local area.
- Attending trainings as required by the Program Director on the use of training aides, such as high fidelity manikin, ultrasound, and ventilators used to educate students.
- Attending occasional staff meetings throughout the year.
The Harford Community College Paramedic Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, (www.caahep.org) upon recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions, (CoA EMSP).
Employees of Harford Community College, including instructors for online and virtual courses, must be residents of Maryland or the contiguous states of Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia or the District of Columbia. Work is generally performed on the College campus unless otherwise specified. Your application to this position will remain active to December 31 of the current year. If you are not selected by that time, you must re-apply in order to be considered. If you apply on or after October 1 of the current year, your application will remain active to December 31 of the following calendar year.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Harford Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com