Overhire staff are responsible for performing all tasks related to production support for APG FCU Arena events. Duties include, but are not limited to, loading-in and -out lighting, audio, rigging, staging and power systems necessary to support each event; running lighting consoles, analog and digital audio consoles, follow spots and other necessary equipment for each event.
The College is seeking overhire technicians in the following areas: Power
- Safely connect and disconnect power systems for lighting, audio, and rigging systems.
- Hang, focus, circuit, patch and repair conventional and moving head lighting fixtures.
- Program and run ETC and High End Systems lighting consoles.
- Hang and cable line arrays and stage monitors.
- Set up and cable all necessary input devices such as microphones, playback devices and processing, and output gear.
- Set up and run various analog and digital consoles as required by event including inboard and outboard signal processing.
- Verify flown equipment expected loads will not exceed facility roof load limits.
- Assemble truss systems to support expected loads as required by event.
- Inspect all rigging equipment before and after use for signs of damage or excessive wear; remove from service is necessary.
- Assemble portable staging per manufacturer's instructions and as required by event.
- Inspect all staging equipment before and after use for signs of damage or excessive wear; remove damaged equipment from service is necessary.
Employees of Harford Community College, including instructors for online and virtual courses, must be residents of Maryland or the contiguous states of Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia or the District of Columbia. Work is generally performed on the College campus unless otherwise specified. Your application to this position will remain active to December 31 of the current year. If you are not selected by that time, you must re-apply in order to be considered. If you apply on or after October 1 of the current year, your application will remain active to December 31 of the following calendar year.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Harford Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com