Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Trainer
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$53,000 + (commensurate with education and experience)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$25.48 per hour
Responsible for preparing, conducting and evaluating Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) training activities including content development, participant materials and training related to core administrative software purchased and supported by the college.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to use a variety of software applications in a business environment. Experience in developing and delivering DEI training programs with proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate). Ability to assess needs and produce DEI training programs and materials to target end user needs. Skills to effectively direct trainees and other professionals while in a training class environment and to properly evaluate comprehension and application of subject material.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision and in a team environment. Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment. Ability to design programs that meet both organizational and individual training needs. Ability to use ethical judgement and discretion and maintain confidentiality as required.
• Ability to manage interactions with diverse individuals inside and outside the organization and provide effective customer service and support. Ability to gain knowledge of best practices and technological trends through professional development activities. Must be able to communicate complex information clearly to trainees with different levels of skill and knowledge.
• Ability to create or present new DEI training materials and presentations or edit and revise existing training materials and presentations. Ability to change course and adapt to the needs of the students. Ability to learn new software applications in a timely fashion and demonstrate product expertise. Understand implementation process, methods and deliverables. Experience in designing and developing instructor- led content with technical subject matter content.
• Must be a content expert in DEI and have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with diverse individuals at all levels of the organization. Must have effective presentation, organizational, planning, and time management skills.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree with two (2) years of experience in related field including at least one (1) year of experience in end user training.
• Background in Social Justice, Urban Education, College Student Development, Identity Development, Restorative Justice, DEI or related areas.
• Experience in workshop development.
• Must have a current and valid Texas driver’s license to travel to offsite locations.
• Official transcripts are required.
• Master’s Degree with three (3) years of related experience.
• Preferred minimum one year (1) in higher education
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for facilitating DEI trainings and workshops.
• Responsible for delivering DEI training in various formats such as classroom, one-on-one sessions, group session, on-site, off-site, and online requiring advanced knowledge of college supported software and hardware. Utilizes industry standards to create and update training programs including curriculum and related coursework such as manuals and exercises. Ensures quality and consistency of course content throughout course life cycle according to set standards. Stays up-to-date on trends and best practices by participating in professional development activities.
• Develops timelines to address identified training needs. Determines the training objectives and develops course curriculum following organizational and college policies and procedures. Creates training materials in various formats such as text, video and/or slides. Maintains high level of knowledge regarding current core administrative software purchased and supported by the college.
• Establishes and maintains working relationships with diverse, multicultural stakeholders and constituents within the Dallas College community network internal/external to the organization such as customer support to ensure client needs are met. Functions as a member of the team collaborating on the implementation and development of training to meet established deadlines.
• Analyzes the success of DEI training sessions (e.g. evaluation sheets, employee feedback, etc.) and prepares recommendations to create new procedures or revise established procedures. Research, evaluate, test and implement new training technologies. Supports the coordination and implementation of projects, planning milestones, provides updated reports and implements project deliverables on time. Completes all logistical tasks needed to effectively conduct a training session. Develop and maintain high quality training materials, guidance and user documentation to support and enhance the learning experience.
• Responsible for drafting workshop and training reports, summaries, highlights, and data assessment for internal and external publication.
• Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills in order to interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds within the Dallas College community network. Strong experience providing effective customer service. Facilitate training workshops for team members and assist in training projects. Travels to Dallas College locations to provide training delivery
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Provides excellent customer service.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com