The Department of Psychological Science at Boise State University (https://psychology.boisestate.edu/) invites interested applicants to apply for the position of Assistant Professor beginning in Fall 2022. We are seeking a dedicated teacher and researcher with an area of specialization in social or cultural psychology, broadly defined. Candidates that can teach courses in cross-cultural psychology, human sexuality, community psychology, or social psychology are encouraged to apply. We seek candidates that can contribute to our curriculum by teaching courses of departmental need and core courses in our curriculum (e.g., introductory psychology, statistical methods, research methods). We seek candidates that can maintain an active program of research that involves undergraduate students as research assistants, with a program of research sufficient to produce a minimum of three peer-reviewed publications in a five-year span prior to tenure application. The successful candidate will also engage in service activities (e.g. committee assignments) benefiting the Department, College of Arts and Sciences, and University, as well as the local community, state, region, and discipline. The successful candidate will join a department dedicated to curriculum and pedagogy that is culturally responsive to the students it serves. The successful candidate will have the ability to engage all students in the classroom using evidence-based and inclusive teaching practices.
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
Supports the University’s mission of providing student-centered, quality education and is committed to the success of our students and the university. This involves teaching effectiveness, professional development, research and scholarly/creative activities, institutional service, professional and community service, student advising and involvement, and supervisory responsibilities as assigned.
Scholarly, creative, or research activities:
Assistant Professors must demonstrate a commitment to their discipline through scholarly and creative activities that fall within Boyer’s four types of scholarship: (1) discovering knowledge, (2) integrating knowledge, (3) applying knowledge, and (4) scholarship of teaching.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
In accordance with discipline and departmental standards and expectations
• Demonstrated advanced level of oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to meet required attendance and submission deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to create, articulate, and assess course learning outcomes.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in creating course materials (syllabus, handouts, presentations, etc.) that enhance student interest and engagement.
• Demonstrated ability to create and manage effective grading rubrics for consistent and uniform grading results.
• Demonstrated ability to assess student educational goals and to create graduation plans based on those goals.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
• Demonstrated ability to manage effective, friendly, and civil working relationships with staff, faculty, students, alumni, guests, and others at the university.
• Demonstrated problem solving and abstract thinking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality work while working independently.
• Demonstrated ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
Salary and Benefits:
Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.
At a minimum candidates should have:
Demonstrated ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
The preferred candidate will have:
Required Application Materials:
Interested applicants should electronically submit their applications by 11:59 p.m. on December 1, 2021. Please make sure to attach the following documents to your application.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Boise State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com