Adler University Admissions Specialist is responsible for advising & educating prospective students on Adler University programs and offerings. Admissions Specialist manages and maintains admissions appointments for Chicago, Vancouver, and Online counseling departments via phone and online chat support.
The Admissions Specialist leverages industry knowledge and best practices to promote the mission and vision of the Admissions department and the institution. Supports culture development and management efforts.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in Business Administration or related discipline required.
- Minimum one (1) year of professional experience required, preferably in recruitment, appointment setting, or sales environment.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in customer service or sales
- Excellent communication and listening skills, extremely well organized, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to exercise initiative as a critical member of a team and to work independently with high efficiency and productivity
- Ability to troubleshoot technology issues and learn new applications independently
- Strong demonstration of alignment with Adler's social justice mission and vision
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and visioning acumen
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and barriers to stated objective and employ assistance in addressing these
- Strong collaboration acumen and abilities
- Demonstration of Emotional Intelligence and professional maturity
- Excellent knowledge and of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong research acumen and abilities
- Strong communication acumen including written, oral, and listening
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contacts prospective students to schedule advisement sessions
- Maintains a high call volume schedule to consistently meet performance goals
- Moderates live web-based chat support for inquiries from Adler's website
- Maintains advanced working knowledge of Adler programs to assist students with the admissions process and promote Adler University
- Responds to admissions inquiries through multiple channels
- Conducts phone and on-campus consultations as needed
- Conducts local travel and assist with travel planning as assigned
- Assists with management and maintenance of admissions calendar
- Assists with office operations as needed including providing support for the application and data input systems and the overall communications flow
- Other duties as assigned and/or required
Work Environment (Physical Demands): The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Universal Core Behaviors:
- Effectively expresses oneself in all oral and written communications.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills.
- Keeps others informed, as well as responds in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates match between words and actions.
- Responds with tact, diplomacy, respect, and composure when dealing with others.
- Promotes the spirit and essence of the School's Vision, Mission, Values, and Key Strategies through both verbal and written communication.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Cooperates with others toward the achievement of common goals.
- Seeks consensus and win-win solutions to problems and conflicts.
- Contributes actively and participates fully in team initiatives.
- Puts the success of the team above own interests.
- Builds and maintains constructive work relationships.
Responsive to Change:
- Supports changes in the work environment.
- Displays a proactive, problem-solving approach toward work.
- Committed to life-long learning by continuously increasing skills, knowledge, and effectiveness.
- Actively seeks and initiates creative and innovative solutions.
- Exercises sound, accurate, and informed independent judgment when needed.
Quality-Driven and Accountable:
- Results-oriented and committed to quality through continuous process improvement.
- Eliminates ineffective activities and closes performance gaps.
- Anticipates and responds to customer needs.
- Monitors own performance, accept responsibility for actions, and actively seeks feedback.
- Meets deadlines and completes projects and activities in a professional, timely manner.
- Seeks opportunities to increase productivity and/or reduce costs while maintaining the highest quality standards (fiscally responsible).
Support of Vision, Mission, Values, Key Strategies:
- Supports and models the School's Values of social interest, compassion, justice, respect for the individual, honors diversity and difference, intellectual rigor, optimism, and collaboration.
- Articulates the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies in a way to educate others.
- Demonstrates active commitment in advancing the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies.
- Exhibits personal integrity, honesty, zeal, and compassion.
- Aligns work processes to advance the school's strategic plan and key strategies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
As part of Adler's equal employment opportunity policy, Adler will also take affirmative action to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.
View/Apply this job and others from Adler University Here: Adler University Employment Website
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Adler University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com