The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for supporting Adler University faculty, staff, and student technology requests as well as providing Audio/Visual equipment usage and content production assistance to faculty, staff, and students.
The Technical Support Specialist coordinates with other members of the Technology department to diagnose and resolve user problems, questions, and inquiries ensuring that procedures are aligned with established University policies and enterprise best-practices (ITIL). The Technical Support Specialist leverages industry knowledge and best practices to promote the mission and vision of the Technology department and the institution. Supports culture development and management efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information systems, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- Minimum two (2) years of professional work experience in enterprise networked systems support
- Demonstrated mastery using and supporting the Windows 10 operating system.
- Demonstrated experience in support and troubleshooting of standard office productivity applications and tools (Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in workstation hardware troubleshooting techniques.
- Demonstrated experience with network security and recovery tools and systems (Symantec Endpoint Protection, Windows system recovery tools, operating system imaging tools, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with AV/production systems use
Certifications/Licenses: HDI, MCSE, CCNA, MCP, A+, ITIL Foundations (or higher) preferred
Supervision (if applicable): N/A
- Ability to assess and meet the needs of the end-user
- Ability to leverage influence to drive change and influence stakeholders
- Ability to consistently identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations based on observations
- Strong customer service acumen
- Strong technical understanding of enterprise hardware, applications, and networked systems
- Strong demonstration of alignment with Adler's social justice mission and vision
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and visioning acumen
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and barriers to stated objective and employ assistance in addressing these
- Strong collaboration acumen and abilities
- Demonstration of Emotional Intelligence and professional maturity
- Proficient and functional knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong research acumen and abilities
- Strong communication acumen including written, oral, and listening
Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
- Provides technical support for all students, faculty, and staff using Office 365, computers, mobile devices, Ellucian Colleague ERP, Canvas LMS, A/V, and various proprietary applications desk-side and via phone or email.
- Performs regular configuration administration, operating system/application installation and updates, threat scanning analysis to ensure optimum computer workstation performance and integration with classroom AV equipment.
- Manages networked and standalone printer maintenance/cleaning schedules, jams/problem resolution, as well as consumables inventory, recycling, and re-supply
- Works with an asset tracking system to ensure accurate and updated inventory information on all workstations, printers, equipment, etc.
- Ensures timely completion of Service Desk incident tickets, service requests, and maintenance of ticketing queue in alignment with team service level agreement objectives
- Assists faculty, staff, students with AV support needs, recording/production assistance of classroom activities and other events, training, and usage of videoconferencing systems and conference rooms.
- Supports VoIP telephone system end-user issues such as moving extensions and voicemail configuration.
- Troubleshoots wired and wireless network connectivity issues university-wide.
- Coordinates and delivers end-user training workshops as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned and/or required.
Work Environment (Physical Demands): The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Universal Core Behaviors:
- Effectively expresses oneself in all oral and written communications.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills.
- Keeps others informed, as well as responds, in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates match between words and actions.
- Responds with tact, diplomacy, respect, and composure when dealing with others.
- Promotes the spirit and essence of the School's Vision, Mission, Values, and Key Strategies through both verbal and written communication.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Cooperates with others toward the achievement of common goals.
- Seeks consensus and win-win solutions to problems and conflicts.
- Contributes actively and participates fully in team initiatives.
- Puts the success of the team above own interests.
- Builds and maintains constructive work relationships.
Responsive to Change:
- Supports changes in the work environment.
- Displays a proactive, problem-solving approach toward work.
- Committed to life-long learning by continuously increasing skills, knowledge, and effectiveness.
- Actively seeks and initiates creative and innovative solutions.
- Exercises sound, accurate, and informed independent judgment when needed.
Quality-Driven and Accountable:
- Results-oriented and committed to quality through continuous process improvement.
- Eliminates ineffective activities and closes performance gaps.
- Anticipates and responds to customer needs.
- Monitors own performance, accept responsibility for actions, and actively seeks feedback.
- Meets deadlines and completes projects and activities in a professional, timely manner.
- Seeks opportunities to increase productivity and/or reduce costs while maintaining the highest quality standards (fiscally responsible).
Support of Vision, Mission, Values, Key Strategies:
- Supports and models the School's Values of social interest, compassion, justice, respect for the individual, honors diversity and difference, intellectual rigor, optimism, and collaboration.
- Articulates the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies in a way to educate others.
- Demonstrates active commitment in advancing the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies.
- Exhibits personal integrity, honesty, zeal, and compassion.
- Aligns work processes to advance the School's strategic plan and key strategies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
As part of Adler's equal employment opportunity policy, Adler will also take affirmative action to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.
View/Apply this job and others from Adler University Here: Adler University Employment Website
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Adler University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com