Assistant Professor - Management and Leadership - CSML (San Diego)
Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.Our Mission:
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world. Our Vision:
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
The California School of Management and Leadership (CSML) has a long history of more than 50 years with an alumni base spread globally. Graduates from our programs are employed in diverse industries, disciplines and positions in successful organizations in more than 50 countries around the world. CSML is known for multicultural and multinational education to a student population with diverse backgrounds. Stalwarts such as Dr. Igor Ansoff and Dr. Efraim Turban laid the conceptual foundation of the school's academic mission in preparing tomorrow's global leaders. CSML concentrates on professional practice, applied theory and contemporary techniques. Our goal is to educate individuals who will go out into the world to accomplish great things in the communities around the world they serve.
The school offers programs at the Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral levels. The current program portfolio includes DBA and PhD in Leadership Studies at the doctoral level, MBA, MBA with Hospitality Management concentration, MS in Data Analytics, MS in Healthcare Analytics and MS in Information Systems and Technology at the Masters level, and Bachelors in Business Administration, in Hospitality Management and in Information Systems and Technology at the Bachelors level.
CSML is in growth mode and plans to continue to grow the ground programs, expand in the online modality, as well as expand geographically to Alliant's other California campuses. The programs have a strong global dimension with many of the professors and students having a global background coming from different countries and having worked abroad. This multiculturalism is thoroughly integrated into the classes at CSML. Students benefit from having an accomplished cohort with many classmates who are working professionals or international students and/or former US military. This experience creates a network that enhances the student learning environments in their programs and in co-curricular activities. Many of our doctoral students publish either by writing books or conference papers or journal articles, which further enhances their professional stature.
Alliant's California School of Management and Leadership (CSML) invites applications for a full-time academic core faculty appointment with the primary referent discipline in the field of management and the discipline of leadership being as additional preferred field. This appointment will have shared responsibilities primarily in CSML's doctoral programs DBA and PhD in Leadership and in CSML's masters programs, particularly the MBA. The successful candidate's experience and interest in research and teaching will be an asset in mentoring and working with doctoral and masters students in CSML. The start date for this position is targeted as August 2022.Duties & Responsibilities:Faculty Activities/Responsibilities
- Facilitating Classroom and Distance/Distributed Learning
- Course and syllabus preparation
- Class curriculum coordination and planning
- Assessment and evaluation of learners
- Student selection, orientation, and assessment
- Mentoring and advising of students
- Field placement supervision and coordination
- Research/scholarship mentoring and supervision, particularly of MA theses, PsyD projects, and PhD, EdD, DBA dissertations
- Scholarship/ research reflecting the generation, integration, dissemination and application of knowledge, as well as creative and original contributions to one's field commensurate with academic rank. Service
- All faculty engage in service to the University, Community and Profession commensurate with academic rank. Examples in each category include:
Duties Required of All Faculty
- Service to the University:
- Hiring and evaluating faculty Participating in developing, revising, and coordinating curriculum as well as maintaining program vitality
- Participating in processes to improve academic program quality
- Participating in processes to improve quality of School, campus, and University faculty experience Participating in faculty governance
- Service to the Community:
- Contributions at the local, state, and national levels involving one's professional expertise to the public, to organizations, and to governmental entities
- Service to the Profession:
- Participation in and leadership of professional organizations
- Reviewing for journals, conferences, and research grant panels
- Certain duties are additionally required of all faculty and are not given formal workload credit but will be included in yearly evaluations. These include but are not limited to:
- active participation in campus life to sustain a high level of facilitated learning;
- participation in program governance, including program-based committees, with the exception of SERC which may receive up to three units of service workload credit at the discretion of the Program Director and the approval of the Dean and the Provost/VPAA;
- active participation in program and campus activities (including scheduled and impromptu meetings of faculty, staff, and students);
- picking up and promptly responding to paper, voice and electronic mail and messages;
- visibility and accessibility supporting a sense of community;
- regular accessibility either by person, by telephone and/or virtually to students, colleagues and the greater University community;
- posting of teaching schedules, office hours, and procedures for making appointments on the faculty member's door, online and on syllabi;
- attendance and participation in program, department, faculty and Faculty Assembly meetings;
- responding in a timely fashion to students' requests for meetings, to telephone calls, and to e-mail communications;
- participating in Faculty Assembly and program faculty meetings;
- carrying an advising load of up to fourteen students (depending on size of the program and the judgment of the Program Director);
- participation in hiring faculty;
- participation in developing, revising and coordinating curriculum and maintaining program vitality;
- participation in processes to improve quality of school/college, campus and University faculty experience; and
- participation in, selection, admission and retention of new students, including attendance at admissions open houses, participating in admission interviews, new student orientation, and advising of students.
- Submittal of grades, attendance, syllabi, and textbook orders in compliance with University established procedures and deadlines.
- Perform other related tasks, duties and responsibilities as required, assigned or directed.
- Proficient computer skills.
- The ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to problem solve.
- The ability to explain complex requirements in clear and concise terms
- The ability to be flexible with workflow to meet the needs of the department and students and to manage multiple tasks per required deadlines
- The drive to encourage, direct, hold accountable and guide students toward task completion.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work as an effective team member and develop trusting relationships with students and University employees.
- Culturally competent and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and/or experiences
- Highly motivated, focused and results oriented.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal interactions, and to maintain confidentiality.
- Collaboration and partnering with other university stakeholders to support candidate success.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Education: Doctorate, from an accredited college or university, in the management, or related, field. Coursework or expertise in the discipline of leadership will be an added plus
- Two (2) years' experience working in an organizational setting or an academic setting in a relevant field and experience teaching on-ground and on-line.
- Must have knowledge, experience and achievements that prepare her/him to be an inspirational educator who by established reputation and standing enhances the brand and perception of the School and the University.
- Evidence of quality in teaching and student learning. Demonstrated ability to teach and work successfully with persons from diverse populations and culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Research and participation in doctoral dissertation supervision and/or experience in chairing dissertations would be a preferred additional experience.
- Certifications, Licenses, etc.: None
Background Check Requirements:
- Please submit a resume/CV and cover letter (in part, describing your interest in and fit for the position).
- Applicants invited to interview should be prepared to provide three professional references.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.Additional Information:
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants
. This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully.
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.Company:
Alliant International University, Inc. Country:
United States of America State/Region:
San Diego Postal Code:
92131 Job ID:
177721To apply, visit https://jobsearch.createyourowncareer.com/Alliant/job/San-Diego-Assistant-Professor-Management-and-Leadership-CSML-%28San-Diego%29-CA-92131/733695301/Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Alliant International University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com