Assistant Professor — Search #67906
College of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Department of Psychology
The Department of Psychology in the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences invites applications and nominations for the position of tenure-track Assistant Professor in Clinical or Counseling Psychology.
Founded in 1906, Georgia Southern University is a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution with a focus on public-impact research, serving about 27,000 students on three beautiful campuses in Statesboro, Savannah, and Hinesville, and via a growing online program. Through our degree offerings at the associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels, Georgia Southern offers a distinctive combination of community collaboration, world-class scholarship, innovative teaching, and hands-on learning opportunities.
To equitably serve a fast growing and highly diverse student body and to fulfill the University's commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion, we actively seek candidates with a demonstrated commitment to Inclusive Excellence. Candidates whose work furthers the institution's goals and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
Within this setting, the Department of Psychology offers a Bachelor of Science, Master of Science with concentrations in Experimental Psychology and Behavior Analysis, and an APA-accredited PsyD. This position will primarily involve teaching courses on the main campus in Statesboro, Georgia. Current faculty within the Department are engaged in the development of leading teaching techniques and highly innovative research pursuits and are highly collaborative and supportive of each other's teaching, research, and service goals.
Position Description. Reporting to the Department Chair, the Assistant Professor position requires teaching courses at the graduate level in our PsyD and M.S. Programs, within the Social Responsibility and Experiential Learning areas of our B.S. Program, and within the candidate's specialty area, as well as conducting research and providing service to the Department and College. The position is an academic (10-month), tenure-track appointment, and the salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• Earned Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical or Counseling Psychology by August 1, 2022.
• Licensed or license-eligible at the doctoral level in Georgia.
• Evidence of successful College/University teaching experience.
• Experience or ability to teach some combination of Introductory Psychology; Abnormal Psychology; Special Topics in Diversity; Theories of Psychotherapy; Senior Internship; Psychopathology.
• Experience or demonstrated interest in student research mentorship (e.g., supervising undergraduate research, master's theses, and Psy.D. dissertations).
• Ability to contribute to a positive, collaborative work environment.
• Willingness to engage with institutional student success initiatives.
• Commitment to engaging with best practice initiatives in instruction and pedagogy, mentoring, and curriculum design and development.
• Demonstrated commitment to advancing a strong and growing research and scholarship agenda and the production of research/creative activities as appropriate to the discipline.
• An integrative clinical theoretical orientation.
• Interest in developing/teaching courses using multiple modalities, including face-to-face, online, and synchronous learning formats.
• Interest in teaching some combination of the following: Diversity Issues in Psychology; Psychopharmacology; Consultation; Foundations of Psychotherapy (Theories); Psychotherapy Skills; or Research Design at the graduate level.
• Evidence of peer-reviewed scholarship.
• Experience or potential for pursuing external funding.
• Three years of full-time college/university teaching experience in psychology.
• Commitment to research and service with rural and/or underserved populations.
Conditions of Employment:
• Must be authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance
from the institution.
• All work for Georgia Southern University must be completed while the employee is physically present in the state of Georgia, unless specifically authorized by the university for a specific purpose and limited period of time within current policy.
• Faculty are expected to contribute to the vibrant university community by engaging students, participating in events, and performing other responsibilities on-campus
• Faculty may be required to teach, conduct research, or perform service duties on any of the three campuses. Georgia Southern provides accessible transportation options between campuses.
Screening of applications begins December 1, 2021 and continues until the position is filled. The preferred position starting date is August 1, 2022. A complete application consists of a letter addressing the qualifications cited above; a curriculum vitae; and the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references. Other documentation may be requested. Only complete applications submitted electronically will be considered. Finalists will be required to submit to a background investigation. Applications and nominations should be sent to:
Jeff Klibert, Search Chair, Search #67906
Georgia Southern University
Electronic mail: email@example.com
More information about the institution is available through http://www.georgiasouthern.edu or https://cbss.georgiasouthern.edu/psychology/. The names of applicants and nominees, vitae, and other non-evaluative information may be subject to public inspection under the Georgia Open Records Act. Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources at 912-478-6947.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for this and other job openings at Georgia Southern University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Georgia Southern University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com