Adjunct Professor - San Franciso School of Law
Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.Our Mission:
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world. Our Vision:
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
The San Francisco Law School (SFLS) was founded in 1909 with the goal of making a legal education accessible to anyone. More than 100 years later, SFLS is still fulfilling that goal, with accessible part-time evening classes where students can work full-time while earning a Juris Doctor degree in four years, for half of the price of other law schools.
SFLS is the oldest evening law school in the western United States and is accredited by The State Bar of California (CalBar) since 1937. The SFLS is located on the Alliant campuses in Emeryville and San Diego, with classes focus on topics and techniques to prepare students to pass the California Bar Exam. Our faculty are working attorneys and judges who bring their real-world experience to the classroom, enhancing your education and preparing you for a legal profession in criminal law, environmental law, international law or whichever field that interests you.
You can learn more about the Law School by visiting the Alliant web site at https://www.alliant.edu/law.
If you are interested in joining our team of experts or have other questions about our program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The San Francisco School of Law continually seeks subject matter experts to join our cadre of adjunct faculty. The following are the duties, responsibilities, skills and qualifications that Alliant requires from applicants for an Adjunct professor position:Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitating Classroom and Distance/Distributed Learning
- Course and syllabus preparation
- Class curriculum coordination and planning
- Assessment and evaluation of learners
- Mentoring and advising of students
- Holding office hours and meeting with students
- Research/scholarship mentoring and supervision
- Proficient computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- The ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to problem solve.
- The ability to explain complex requirements in clear and concise terms
- The ability to be flexible with workflow to meet the needs of the department and students and to manage multiple tasks per required deadlines
- The drive to encourage, direct, hold accountable and guide candidates toward task completion.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work as an effective team member and develop trusting relationships with students and Alliant employees, as well as the Registrar's Office and various academic departments.
- Culturally competent and ability to communicate and interact effectively with diverse people.
- Highly motivated, focused and results oriented.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal interactions, and to maintain confidentiality.
- Collaboration and partnering with other university stakeholders to support candidate success.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
- Education: Juris Doctor degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience: Appropriate experience in the areas(s) of specialization and expertise.
- Certifications, Licenses, etc.: As required by program.
Background Check Requirements:
- Appliacants must to vist the website of our Adjunct hiring partner, ProfHire at https://www.profhire.com/login/signup.
- There are a few steps to create a ProfHire profile and place to select a specific course or job (you can also enter "Alliant" in this section for future consideration)
- All individuals interested in being considered for an Adjunct position, now or in the future, must submit the following items:
- Transcript (of your highest degree obtained), and
- Three (3) professional references
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.Additional Information:
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at email@example.com
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants
. This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully.
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.Company:
Alliant International University, Inc. Country:
United States of America State/Region:
Emeryville Postal Code:
94608 Job ID:
159044To apply, visit https://jobsearch.createyourowncareer.com/Alliant/job/Emeryville-Adjunct-Professor-San-Franciso-School-of-Law-CA-94608/730880501/Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Alliant International University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com