Job Title Assistant /Associate Professor/Professor in Physiotherapy
Organization Name Qatar University, Health Cluster
College/Department College of Health Sciences/Department of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Science
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the national institution of higher education in Qatar. It provides high quality undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare competent graduates, destined to shape the future of Qatar. The university community has diverse and committed faculty that teaches and conducts research which addresses relevant local and regional challenges, advances knowledge, and contributes actively to the needs and aspirations of society.
Qatar University is an intellectual and scholarly community characterized by open discussion, the free exchange of ideas, respectful debate, and a commitment to rigorous inquiry. All members of the University - faculty, staff, and students - are expected to advance the scholarly and social values embodied by the university.
The College of Health Science (CHS) was founded in 2016 following a 30-year success story as a department within various colleges at Qatar University. CHS is the national provider of high quality health sciences education and research in Qatar and offers undergraduate (BSc) programs in biomedical sciences, human nutrition, physical therapy/physiotherapy and public health, as well as graduate programs in biomedical science (MSc), public health (MPH) and a doctoral (PhD) program. It is part of the wider QU Health Cluster that includes the Colleges of Pharmacy, Medicine and Dental Medicine - http://www.qu.edu.qa/health.
uCHS Vision The College of Health Sciences aspires to be an internationally recognized model of excellence with distinction in teaching, research, and community service.
uCHS Mission In alignment with Qatar Vision 2030, our mission is to develop competent graduates duly prepared for careers in health science-related disciplines who will contribute to the delivery of optimal health care.
Members of the CHS have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural funding for their research ideas. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is a major source of research funding, with individual project funding limit exceeding QAR1million/project (QAR5million exceptional projects) along with student research funding programs. As the national and largest University in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most QNRF awards, with many research-active faculty members able to secure multiple grants.
The Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science (PTRS) was founded in 2017. It offers a 4-year Bachelor of Science degree. The founding Head of Department was Dr. Emma Stokes (2018-2021) and the current Head of Department is Dr. Linzette Morris. The first class will graduate in 2022.
The program is delivered in English - the curriculum is innovative and future oriented. A move away from the more traditional models of physiotherapist professional entry-level education embracing critical pedagogy - it is thematic in nature with team-based learning.
The Department has an international faculty and a global perspective.
The Department seeks to appoint 3 faculty members to commence their positions for the academic year Fall 2022.
Duties & Responsibilities
The appointee will be expected to carry out the following activities
Essential qualification and experience
Desirable skills and experience
Informal enquiries may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Department website: http://www.qu.edu.qa/chs/physical-therapy/about
Required Documents - note applications must be submitted via QU approved recruitment portals or directly online at QU Jobs. We do accept e-mail applications.
Please note carefully the following requirements - incomplete applications will deem the candidate ineligible for further consideration
1. A cover letter written for this application [not a generic one] which outlines clearly how your teaching, research and contribution/service experience to date relates to the above requirements.
2. Current Curriculum Vitae.
3. Three referees' contact information (email addresses as well as their telephone contact).
4. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where coursework was completed. However, if no course work was completed, a copy of certificate letter from the Registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. One-way Economy class air tickets for yourself, spouse and up to three children (under 18 years of age) accompanying you to relocate to Qatar. Upon termination of employment, one-way economy class air tickets for yourself, spouse and up to three children (under 18 years of age) to return to your registered country of nationality, as governed by Qatar University policies and regulations
6. Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.