About the role
The new role will need to work with key stakeholders to ensure the timely and accurate preparation and submission of VAT returns, and resolution of issues identified during the preparation. In addition to managing compliance, the person will also be involved in providing support to the business as and when the need arises.
- Review and manage the timely submission of all VAT compliance across Europe.
- Returns are primarily prepared in-house, but the role involves liaising with external advisors in some territories to manage submissions.
- Manage and reconcile the preparation and submission of associated Intrastat and EC Sales Listings for European territories.
- Review, reconciliation and correction of real-time invoice-reporting submissions in relevant territories.
- Ensure all VAT payments are assessed and made on time, and prepare forecasts of VAT payments for the Treasury department.
- Review and sign off VAT balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the team.
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders in business units to resolve issues identified through the compliance process and see these through to resolution.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency in existing compliance processes, be that through change in ways of working, or better utilisation of systems etc.
- Work with internal stakeholders and external advisors to ensure that local tax audits involving VAT are managed effectively and in-line with group policies.
- Work with the wider tax team (eg International Tax/Transfer Pricing) as necessary to ensure VAT implications appropriately considered e.g. VAT implications of TP adjustments.
- Keep updated on tax developments in VAT law/practice and assess their impact on the business.
- Support on ad hoc project work dependent on need.
- Support and build capability within the VAT compliance team.
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.