Western University of Health Sciences
Western University Campus-Pomona, CA
4006-Admissions-Physical Therapy Program
Reporting to the associate/assistant director of admissions, the admissions counselor represents Western University of Health Sciences to prospective students and works to increase inquiries and convert applications into enrolled students. The successful admissions counselor exhibits superior customer service skills and professionalism throughout daily interactions and communications with students including phone calls, emails, and information sessions. Works closely with the assistant/associate director of admission and admission committees before and during interview days for assigned programs. The admission counselor must demonstrate an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members, faculty, students, alumni, administrators, and staff.
List comments regarding work hours
Typical hours are Mon-Fri 8:00am- 5:00pm, may include occasional evenings and/or weekends.
90% Admissions Counselor Duties
Setting up one on one enrollment appointments via phone outreach with prospective students
Cultivate prospective student relationships using phone and email correspondence
Conduct detailed pre-admission counseling for prospective graduate students
Conduct face-to-face, telephone appointments and e-mail correspondence to identify adult student prospects to determine their educational needs, concerns and interests while promoting the benefits of higher education with prospective students
Provide superior customer service when interacting with prospective students on the phone, in writing, by email and/or in person
Communicates effectively when working with prospective, future and current students while avoiding misrepresentation at all times
Document all activity in the database management system in a timely and accurate manner
Use Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to prioritize and manage daily workflow
Elect to participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including: campus tours open houses, info sessions, transfer, fairs, graduate fairs, tabling events, etc.
Secure new inquiries (Personally Developed Referrals) by directly asking phone and in-person contacts about referrals of others to contact that may be interested in programs offered
Meet admissions department daily, weekly, and quarterly productivity goals, i.e. phone calls, e-mails, applications, interviews, etc.
Provide continuous evaluation of processes and procedures at the end of each intake cycle with results being used to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers
Work in collaboration and cooperation with leadership and academic divisions on campus
Recommend appropriate technologies to support enrollment functions
Performs other duties as assigned
Do the essential functions of this job require lifting? Yes
If yes, list maximum weight and duration
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to operate a PC in the performance of job duties, and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit, and reach with hands and arms, and occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to (10) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Describe Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties are normally performed in a typical office setting. The noise level in this setting is typically low to moderate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
2. Must have quality voice and pronunciation skills to be able to speak well and be clearly understood.
3. Must be able to effectively interact with applicants, faculty, staff, and outside contacts by telephone, in person, in writing, and via email.
4. Ability to work on and concentrate in a busy, multi-tasked, multi-faceted environment.
5. Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
6. Must be a team player, willing to share and exchange ideas.
7. Must have the ability to make ethical decisions and exercise professional judgment, doing what is best for prospective students as well as the University.
8. Familiarity with college transcripts a plus.
9. Experienced with calculator, fax, copy machine, and telephone operation.
10. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to take initiative.
11. Good understanding of mathematical concepts including ability to perform mathematical calculations, including those involving fractions, decimals and percentages.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred, or any combination of education and experience that provides the required skills and ability.
- Minimum of one to two years of experience in university admissions and recruitment or a similar recruitment setting.
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Western University of Health Sciences and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency