The Instructional Technology Engineer will lead the design, research, select, and effectively implement instructional technologies used in the college learning environment. The position actively pursues knowledge of emerging technologies, industry best practices and software solutions appropriate in higher education. This position will collaborate with faculty and academic staff to evaluate and support established and emerging technologies or technology solutions.
Position will design and develop multimedia applications and systems, and consult with departments for procurement, installation, training, maintenance, support, and optimization of audio-visual instructional and event resources. This position will work cooperatively with outside vendors and with BTC staff from throughout the College to ensure the proper and efficient operations of BTC multimedia systems. Position will also schedule and direct activities necessary to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely fashion utilizing best practices.
- Explore new technologies in support of student learning and pilot technologies under review by Academic Affairs and Information Technology Services.
- Consult with faculty members to recommend technology solutions for their courses.
- Support faculty in the design and delivery of technology solutions for current and emerging delivery models (traditional, online, hybrid, MyEdChoice (polysynchronous), FlexLab, etc.).
- Communicate project management timelines, status, risks and requirements to project stakeholders, peers and leaders
- Collaborate with the Center for Innovation in Teaching & Learning (CITL) in the design and delivery of professional development activities for faculty.
- Coordinate training and user support for faculty, staff, and students in the utilization of the college's instructional technologies.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, development, evaluation, installation and maintenance of instructional technology infrastructure systems including classroom media systems and events media systems to ensure capacity/design meets existing and future requirements.
- Develop and recommend policies and procedures for instructional technology systems.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all instructional multimedia procurement and implementation efforts.
- Train, coach, and mentor help desk technicians as to instructional and multimedia applications and systems.
- Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Maintain regular written and in-person communications with ITS Director, colleagues, and end users regarding pertinent instructional technology activities.
- Practice IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
Instructional Technology Support
- Perform troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, and repair of audio-visual equipment, computer hardware, and software. Make equipment repair decisions, contact repair vendors, and test repaired equipment.
- Provide assistance and personal contact to faculty and staff in labs and offices; talk with users to determine source of specific errors and recommend solution.
- Provide technical assistance to staff and students in the operation of audio and visual equipment and systems.
- Develop technical specifications for instructional technology hardware and software installation.
- Coordinate, schedule, and test conferences involving media equipment; coordinate media projects with contractors and staff.
- Coordinate with other ITS staff on the scheduling, delivery and retrieval of media equipment to ensure daily instructional needs of faculty, staff, and students are met.
Technical and Documentation Assistance to ITS Management
- Research, recommend, and provide consultation in the use of emerging technologies to ensure upgrade and migration paths are available for future technology systems.
- Provide specifications and purchase recommendations for hardware and software.
- Recommend standards, procedures, and techniques to improve the ITS Division and Blackhawk Technical College.
- Consult with technical staff on product integration to provide recommendations to meet customer's business needs.
- Collaborate with technical staff to test the effectiveness of new application software or new releases of current application software.
Equipment Maintenance, Acquisition and Inventory
- Recommend acquisition and disposal of various types of instructional equipment that will ensure that current technology is available and obsolete equipment replaced.
- Research and recommend new instructional technology to enhance teaching and learning at the College.
- Maintain inventory records of instructional technology (multimedia) hardware serial numbers and software licenses.
- Maintain logs of instructional (multimedia) equipment configurations and repairs.
Team building and Positive Working Relationships
- Ensure effective written and verbal communications. Ensure communications are clear, objective, and sensitive to the stated purpose. Use tact in formulating a response.
- Employee is functioning as a team member, whether the team is ad hoc, formal, ongoing or associated with daily work.
- Employee's ideas are contributed, a positive attitude is maintained, communications are open and professional, employee works toward the common goal, time and talent are used efficiently, results are produced, and are able to stay on task.
- Effective working relationships are developed and maintained, using positive, cooperative, and professional interactions with faculty, staff, students, coworkers, managers, and outside agencies and other individuals that you have contact with in your position.
- Employee actively participates in priority BTC activities as assigned.
- Day-to-day interactions with people are successful, productive, helpful and supportive.
Education & Experience:
- Associate Degree in computer science, technology management, or related field. (Bachelor Degree preferred)
- Three years of experience in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of instructional technology systems in an educational or training setting.
- Demonstrated experience with multimedia authoring/production tools, graphic applications and design, web platforms, learning management systems and graphic design principles.
- Exceptional knowledge of the multimedia infrastructure environment.
To apply, visit: https://careers-blackhawk.icims.com/jobs/1730/instructional-technology-engineer/job
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Blackhawk Technical College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency