The Forensic Mental Health Leadership (FMHL) Program Director oversees the FMHL program in addition to dual degree options with Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) and Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling (MACR).
The program is housed within the Counseling and Integrated Programs (CIP) Department.
The Program Director provides thought-leadership to the university while leveraging industry knowledge and best practices to promote the mission and vision of the Counseling and Integrated Programs Department and the institution. Supports culture development and management efforts.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Counselor Education and Supervision or closely related fields required
- Minimum three (3) years of experience teaching and advising Master's level students in Forensic and Mental Health-related programs
- Preference will be given to those who have administrative experience in graduate-level academic programs, supervision of instructors leadership or service records in the forensic mental health field, an expert in forensic counseling work and/or research, program evaluation and assessment, a familiarity with the licensure requirements for counselors, and standards set for by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) in the training of master's level of counselors.
Supervision (if applicable): Supervision of Core and Adjunct Faculty in the program
- Ability to consistently identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations based on observations
- Strong demonstration of alignment with Adler's social justice mission and vision
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and visioning acumen
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and barriers to stated objective and employ assistance in addressing these
- Strong collaboration acumen and abilities
- Demonstration of Emotional Intelligence and professional maturity
- Proficient and functional knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong research acumen and abilities
- Strong communication acumen including written, oral, and listening
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversight of the FMHL program daily operations
- Teaching counseling and forensic related courses
- Advising and mentoring students
- Participation in institutional and departmental committees
- Student recruitment and admissions support
- Supervision of core and adjunct faculty
- Support of department and institutional initiatives
- Budgetary oversight
- This position may require the teaching of evening, weekend and/or online and blended classes
Universal Core Behaviors:
- Effectively expresses oneself in all oral and written communications.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills.
- Keeps others informed, as well as responds, in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates match between words and actions.
- Responds with tact, diplomacy, respect, and composure when dealing with others.
- Promotes the spirit and essence of the School's Vision, Mission, Values, and Key Strategies through both verbal and written communication.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Cooperates with others toward the achievement of common goals.
- Seeks consensus and win-win solutions to problems and conflicts.
- Contributes actively and participates fully in team initiatives.
- Puts the success of the team above own interests.
- Builds and maintains constructive work relationships.
Responsive to Change:
- Supports changes in the work environment.
- Displays a proactive, problem-solving approach toward work.
- Committed to life-long learning by continuously increasing skills, knowledge, and effectiveness.
- Actively seeks and initiates creative and innovative solutions.
- Exercises sound, accurate, and informed independent judgment when needed.
Quality-Driven and Accountable:
- Results-oriented and committed to quality through continuous process improvement.
- Eliminates ineffective activities and closes performance gaps.
- Anticipates and responds to customer needs.
- Monitors own performance, accept responsibility for actions and actively seeks feedback.
- Meets deadlines and completes projects and activities in a professional, timely manner.
- Seeks opportunities to increase productivity and/or reduce costs while maintaining the highest quality standards (fiscally responsible).
Support of Vision, Mission, Values, Key Strategies:
- Supports and models the School's Values of: social interest, compassion, justice, respect for the individual, honors, diversity, and difference, intellectual rigor, optimism and collaboration.
- Articulates the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies in a way to educate others.
- Demonstrates active commitment in advancing the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies.
- Exhibits personal integrity, honesty, zeal, and compassion.
- Aligns work processes to advance the School's strategic plan and key strategies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
As part of Adler's equal employment opportunity policy, Adler will also take affirmative action to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.
View/Apply this job and others from Adler University Here: Adler University Employment Website
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Adler University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com