Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the Manager of Advancement Operations will be primarily responsible for the day-to-day operations of the OIA database and gift administration assuring high quality, consistency, and accuracy of all related information. The Manager, Advancement Operations coordinates and conducts database mining that provides information to support and enhance decision-making, strategic planning, and outcomes assessment for the OIA department and/or other internal staff. Interfacing with all members of the OIA team he/she ensures timely and comprehensive data collection and input, performing data extraction, reporting, and prospect research as required. Retrieving and manipulating data is crucial for this role. The Manager, Advancement Operations must excel at interpreting data and translating data into actionable insights.
The role provides thought-leadership to the university while leveraging industry knowledge and best practices to promote the mission and vision of the OIA department and the institution. Supports culture development and management efforts.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in Business Administration or related discipline required.
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience required. Higher education experience preferred.
- Expert knowledge and application of Raiser's Edge database required. NXT experience preferred.
- Works independently to deliver high-quality reporting after thoroughly verifying the results of data
- Displays superior communication skills in working with technical and non-technical users, developing, and maintaining collaborative relationships among all levels of an organization
- Maintains a high degree of donor satisfaction through timely acknowledgments and effective dealings with the University's external constituency
- Ability to consistently identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations based on observations
- Strong demonstration of alignment with Adler's social justice mission and vision
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and visioning acumen
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and barriers to stated objective and employ assistance in addressing these
- Strong collaboration acumen and abilities
- Demonstration of Emotional Intelligence and professional maturity
- Proficient and functional knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong research acumen and abilities
- Strong communication acumen including written, oral, and listening
Supervision (if applicable): N/A
Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
- Inputs and tracks all pledges, gifts, and proposals in the Raiser's Edge database
- Manages the pledge reminder process to ensure pledge fulfillment
- Manages monthly reconciliation and forecasting process of cash gifts/pledges and previous fiscal year receivables, working closely with the Finance team
- Acknowledges individual, corporate, foundation, and in-kind contributions in a timely manner
- Composes gift recognition and acknowledgment letters, as needed
- Manages tribute donations and payroll deduction process
- Creates and issues annual giving statements to donor population
- Assists with the writing and design of stewardship reports
- Manages pledge contracts
- Creates recognition signage and plaquing
- Prepares stewardship impact reports for donors
- Performs routine audits of data, making corrections and additions as needed
- Creates policy and procedure manuals for data entry and ensures compliance
- Trains users on proper data input and extraction
- Manages user security to ensure proper entry and protection of data
- Performs systems maintenance in conjunction with Blackbaud standards
- Designs and develops standardized operational, management, and ad hoc reports; prepares reports fulfilling the requirements of federal, regional, and state agencies and other external organizations; works with the user community to understand reporting needs
- Coordinates and communicates with appropriate staff regarding the interface of the department files with other University data files and operations, maintaining and updating data definitions and databases for consistency and adherence to standards
- Researches and analyzes prospects for gift cultivation and Board participation
- Establishes and maintains the prospect moves management systems capturing prospects' positioning in accordance with the appropriate solicitation timeline; reports out accordingly
Information and Data Services
- Prepares and maintains financial and statistical reports as needed
- Maintains constituent information and provides reporting to various departments including but not limited to Marketing and faculty for direct mail appeals, events, and Adler publications
- Extracts, manipulates, analyzes, and reports data to internal and external constituencies to ensure data integrity
- Serves as a representative on university committees as requested
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Universal Core Behaviors:
- Effectively expresses oneself in all oral and written communications.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills.
- Keeps others informed, as well as responds, in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates match between words and actions.
- Responds with tact, diplomacy, respect, and composure when dealing with others.
- Promotes the spirit and essence of the School's Vision, Mission, Values, and Key Strategies through both verbal and written communication.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Cooperates with others toward the achievement of common goals.
- Seeks consensus and win-win solutions to problems and conflicts.
- Contributes actively and participates fully in team initiatives.
- Puts the success of the team above own interests.
- Builds and maintains constructive work relationships.
Responsive to Change:
- Supports changes in the work environment.
- Displays a proactive, problem-solving approach toward work.
- Committed to life-long learning by continuously increasing skills, knowledge, and effectiveness.
- Actively seeks and initiates creative and innovative solutions.
- Exercises sound, accurate, and informed independent judgment when needed.
Quality-Driven and Accountable:
- Results-oriented and committed to quality through continuous process improvement.
- Eliminates ineffective activities and closes performance gaps.
- Anticipates and responds to customer needs.
- Monitors own performance, accept responsibility for actions, and actively seeks feedback.
- Meets deadlines and completes projects and activities in a professional, timely manner.
- Seeks opportunities to increase productivity and/or reduce costs while maintaining the highest quality standards (fiscally responsible).
Support of Vision, Mission, Values, Key Strategies:
- Supports and models the School's Values of social interest, compassion, justice, respect for the individual, honors diversity and difference, intellectual rigor, optimism, and collaboration.
- Articulates the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies in a way to educate others.
- Demonstrates active commitment in advancing the School's Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies.
- Exhibits personal integrity, honesty, zeal, and compassion.
- Aligns work processes to advance the School's strategic plan and key strategies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
As part of Adler's equal employment opportunity policy, Adler will also take affirmative action to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.
View/Apply this job and others from Adler University Here: Adler University Employment Website
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Adler University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com