Learning & Development Coordinator
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$53,000+commensurate with education and experience
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$25.48 per hour
The Learning & Development Coordinator will support the implementation of innovative development experiences that help our employees perform and excel. This position provides management and coordination for various learning and onboarding programs, helping to scale key initiatives and increase organizational impact. The primary responsibilities include scheduling, logistics, communications management, evaluation data analysis, and reporting.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Effective verbal and written communication skills; able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences. Ability to develop accurate written materials and follow up on feedback to ensure positive outcomes.
• Results-driven, self-motivated, and detail-oriented with the ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines. Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
• Uses strong business acumen and analytical thinking skills to create effective, business-focused solutions. Gathers information and makes connections between seemingly disparate information; assesses progress and performance of critical tasks.
• Establishes and maintains professional relationships. Able to interact and collaborate effectively with diverse individuals at all levels of the organization; develops constructive and cooperative working relationships. Provides outstanding service to others and works with co-workers in a friendly manner.
• Knowledge of and skill in business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, and coordination of people and resources. Uses sound judgment.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Associate degree from an accredited institution. Bachelor's degree preferred. Official transcripts are required.
• Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and certifications, which together total four (4) years, may be substituted.
• Two (2) years of related professional work experience.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Teams, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel). Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) or eLearning design software such as Captivate, Articulate, or Adobe Suite a plus.
• Must have a valid driver's license if traveling to off-site locations.
• ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee college-wide Learning & Development (L&D) and Onboarding activity planning and scheduling; become keenly aware of the nuances and needs of the various L&D products and services in anticipation of the needs of College partners and team members.
• Responsible for purchasing and oversight of contracted and non-contracted vendors. Manage vendor relationships for events as appropriate.
• Serves as the Human Resources liaison on the planning and execution of all learning and development as well as onboarding activities and events.
• Promote courses and events. Support the creation or editing of course and marketing materials: presentations, slides, handouts, workbooks, program collateral, and promotional materials. Handle and maintain in-house training facilities, equipment, and materials inventory.
• Arrange and host in-person and virtual training events (via Microsoft Teams or WebEx). Partner with team members and vendor partners to map and coordinate schedules.
• Assist with basic administrative functions in the Learning Management System (LMS); maintain the course calendar, perform course enrollments and cancellations, track attendance and completion of courses; maintain on-demand course materials.
• Conduct orientation sessions for new hires. Assist with training facilitation as needed.
• Serve as the point of contact for routine service requests via shared mailboxes and ticketing system.
• Maintain training success metrics. Prepare reports on program outcomes; compile statistical and narrative data.
• Provides excellent customer service.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year. Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com