Senior Director - Accounting Services
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$100,000 + (commensurate with education and experience)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$48.08 per hour
Oversee the operations and compliance of general ledger accounting, Comprehensive Annual financial Report (CAFR), payroll and benefit payments and reconciliation, grant accounting and return of funds accounting.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Strong knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), internal controls and financial reporting, required.
• Ability to plan, manage and review general ledger accounting, payroll, and grant management.
• Plan and direct effective use of technology in a business environment.
• Knowledge of Board policies relating to business operations.
• Familiar with state financial reporting.
• Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions with diverse, multicultural stakeholders and constituents.
• Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams.
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
• Strong emphasis on attention to detail and professional and personal ethics.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain and generate reports.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to accomplish goals.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and varying leadership levels.
• Strong knowledge and experience providing effective customer service.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Master’s degree in related field or Bachelor’s degree with valid CPA license.
• Five (5) years’ experience in two (2) or more accounting management or payroll processing or grant accounting or annual financial reporting.
• Official transcripts are required. Must possess a current and valid driver’s license.
• *** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that Dallas College assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, SEC requirements and US GAAP. Oversees the accounting processes to ensure compliance.
• Responsible for CAFR reporting and timely publication.
• Oversee grant accounting and compliance with state and federal agencies.
• Direct and manage the annual financial audit.
• Oversee timely payroll processing, state benefit payments and reconciliation.
• Review all state and federal reports for accuracy and compliance.
• Supervises the completion of Federal and State tax reporting requirements (including income, property, sales and use, payroll, and other local taxes), insurance reports and other reports required by government regulation.
• Assists Risk Management with dealing with tax related issues and meeting reporting requirements.
• Coordinate work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the Dallas College financial records. Responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings.
• Responsible for recording, classifying, verifying, reporting and analysis of financial data.
• Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for continued development of these associates.
• Assigns, schedules, trains, reviews, and monitors work to ensure that progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time and within budget.
• Complete required Dallas College professional development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com