- Masters | PhD
- Singapore | Closing On 10 Nov 2021
30-month contract or contract till 31 March 2024
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together - building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities - all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Conduct research into industry standards, practices, and developments in dispute resolution processes and policies resulting from China's Belt & Road Initiative
- Articulate findings and analysis, and produce highest-quality academic and non-academic publications and products, including organizing and participating in events, trainings and workshops
- Liaise with industry leaders and experts and partner/counterpart organisationso Lead and/or assist with editing, formatting, cite-checking, and revision processes
- Oversee short-term interns or student research assistantso Liaise with Centre Manager to draw up necessary event budgets, execute vendor agreements, and ensure standard operating procedure compliance
- Other administrative or operational duties as necessary
- Post-doctorate, or post-graduate degree (LLM or JD) in law. Background in international dispute resolution, trade law, investment law, comparative law, Asian studies or Chinese law is a plus.
- Essential Requirements:
- Fluent (written and spoken) in Mandarin or another major Asian language
- Passion or interest for the international dispute resolution field
- Proven writing ability of the highest calibre; journal publication is a plus
- Advanced legal research skills, familiarity with major databases
- Detail-oriented; passionate about qualityo Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with academic, government, legal profession and private sector stakeholders
- Great attitude and open-minded
- Comfortable working occasional odd hours
- Desirable Requirements
- Team player and problem-solver with a can-do attitude; ability to multi-task efficiently; comfortable taking initiative and working with minimal oversight
To Apply: Please use the "Apply" Button Below or see the Job Description Above
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com.
Be first to receive notifications of new jobs in your specific area by signing up for Job Alerts Here.