Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$32,000 - $51,200 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Perform a variety of routine clerical, reception, and office support functions and other related duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Experience providing general administrative support to include answering telephone, handling mail, scanning, and sorting, distributing correspondence and perform general data entry duties.
• Knowledge of standard office principles and procedures.
• The ability to identify issues and solve routine problems or seek assistance when applicable.
• Demonstrated ability to work and prepare confidential information with discretion.
• Ability to efficiently set up meetings and resolve scheduling conflicts.
• Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds internal/external to the organization to meet organizational goals.
• Skill in dealing effectively with staff at all levels within the organization, district and public.
• Basic personal computer skills including knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software applications.
• Good organizational skills with high level of attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and set priorities to meet departmental goals.
• Ability to listen effectively to relay information through oral or written communication.
• Must have excellent customer service skills.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. Occasionally may be required to lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
High school diploma or GED equivalent plus one (1) year of related experience.
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides administrative support to the organization by providing general office duties, i.e., scheduling appointments, make travel arrangements, filing, verifying documents, records keeping, and preparing and proofreading correspondence, reports and other documents as requested, may order textbooks, etc.
• Processes a variety of documents and materials for disseminating information in compliance with established administrative guidelines.
• Supports the work of the department by purchasing equipment, supplies, and maintaining an inventory of office supplies.
• Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
• May act as the primary resource person for the department faculty members, staff and students, providing program and general information.
• Assists others in meeting deadlines for various tasks and projects as required. Understands and adheres to all district policies and procedures.
• Supports assigned administrator and department staff by providing assistant with administrative functions.
• Uses excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both orally and written, when interacting with diverse, Dallas College community network population.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
This is a grant-funded position.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com