Administrative Assistant II
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$43,000 - $68,800 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$20.67 per hour
Performs administrative and office support activities for supervisors which include complex and confidential projects requiring initiative and attention to detail and the ability to work in a multitasked environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Proven knowledge and experience providing administrative support to an organization and/or department.
• Understands the organizational structure and services provided by different departments to best serve stakeholders and constituents.
• The ability to understand and comply with program services, policies, procedures, laws, and regulations of an organization.
• Ability to respond to problems, issues and situations that require the use and knowledge of existing processes, using sound judgment, attention to detail, adaptability, and flexibility.
• Ability to identify and utilize resources effectively and efficiently.
• Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask/prioritize work to support organizational needs, meet deadlines and timeframes.
• Ability to build solid professional relationships across multiple levels of the organization and liaise with other departments, personnel, and external business entities from diverse environments.
• Demonstrate advanced proficiency in personal computer applications, which typically include Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrate discretion and judgment in decisions concerning the sharing of privileged/confidential information.
• Ability to efficiently set up complex meetings and effectively resolve scheduling conflicts or other issues that may occur; create and distribute correspondence, memos, letters, faxes, and other documents/forms; submit and reconcile expense reports.
• Must have proven organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in writing and handling business correspondence.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with individuals from diverse and multi-cultural backgrounds.
• Must have excellent customer service skills.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. Occasionally may be required to lift and carry materials weighing up to 30 pounds
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Associates degree plus one (1) year of administrative work-related experience, or
• High School diploma or equivalent plus three (3) years of administrative work-related experience.
• Official transcripts are required when applicable.
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides a full range of moderate to complex administrative duties in a variety of functions to an individual, team, department, or organization.
• Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos, and emails on behalf of department of as directed by manager, handle routine requests for information and data.
• Participate in professional development activities to enhance job knowledge and stay up to date on changing trends and technology associated with an assigned area of responsibility.
• Provides guidance to students and employees and assists in resolving any administrative problems.
• Distributes correspondence, performs data entry and scanning, and maintains electronic and hard copy filing systems.
• Handles confidential and non-routine information and explain policies and procedures to stakeholders and constituents.
• Act as a departmental liaison assisting students, faculty, staff and other internal/external stakeholders and constituents with questions/concerns related to department or assigned area of responsibility.
• Responsible for general office management, new hire set up, vendor relationships for office equipment and supplies, and invoice processing.
• Represents organization on committees and/or councils within an assigned area of responsibility, as required.
• Manages and maintains daily calendar, schedule and coordinate meetings, special events, appointments, and travel arrangements for managers and/or other department members as required.
• Assist with special projects as requested.
• Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals with a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to diverse, multicultural stakeholders and constituents within the Dallas College community network.
• Provides flexible, responsive, and high-quality customer service, continuously assessing processes and procedures and revising accordingly.
• May direct and lead the work of others.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. The Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com