Web Content Coordinator
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$43,000 - $68,800 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Assist the Athletic Director in the online presence and web content updates for Dallas College athletics.
• Significant responsibility assisting in the operations for Dallas College Athletics
• Develop and update web and written materials for the Dallas College Athletic programs.
• Assists in maintaining accuracy of schedules and communication in all athletic programs.
• Regularly update social media and provide content for athletic programs.
• Support professional development opportunities for the department, including training programs, tutoring, and mentoring.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of the purpose of community colleges and the vision of Dallas College
• Ability to identify and address opportunities and challenges that arise as a result of Dallas College’s current transition
• An understanding of contemporary issues in higher education is required through professional development activities.
• Demonstrated knowledge of principles of equity and inclusion and a demonstrated commitment to the promotion of diversity
• Ability to identify, address, and collaborate with colleagues on solutions to barriers preventing a significant portion of our population from having a job that pays a living wage
• Ability to understand NJCAA policies and philosophy
• Knowledge of college wide requirements for research planning and support for accreditation efforts with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, complex ideas, and information to a variety of stakeholders/constituents within the Dallas College community network related to career and academic requirements.
• Attention to detail to ensure all specifications are met.
• Organization and time management to manage multiple tasks, sometimes for multiple projects, at once.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. May work in all weather conditions. May work in extreme temperatures. May work around standard office conditions. Use of manual dexterity. Climbing of stairs. Lifting and moving. Schedule may vary with sport season. May require evening and weekend duties. Occasional travel may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelors’ degree or higher and two years of experience in an educational/athletic environment or Associate’s Degree and four years of directly related experience in teaching, educational, or athletic environment. Ability to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, and communicate with others. Oral and written communication skills to deal effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and varying levels of Dallas College staff. Strong knowledge and experience providing effective customer service.
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ability to maintain effective communication between students and faculty within the College and external community stakeholders. Demonstrated understanding of the educational, cultural, and social needs of a diverse student population. Experience interpreting, articulating, and implementing a variety of regulations, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with district, state, and federal government
• Experience in assisting with operational planning, policy development, and outcome/needs assessment for student success
• Responsible for developing and keeping up to date, designing and producing graphic, digital, and photographic art used in by college athletic programs and services. Include materials such as schedules, catalogs, brochures, tournament programs, pamphlets, flyers, slides, transparencies, photographs, signs, posters, website, social media, etc.
• Meets with Athletic Director and coaches to gather information of the project objectives in order to produce desired design concepts. Develops ideas and creates graphics for use in promotional and instructional materials including schedules, brochures, flyers, signs, transparencies, slides, etc.
• Build effective relationships with key internal partners to enrich collaboration and understanding of design requests. Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information, materials, and plans concept by studying information.
• Performs all or part of the following functions: Color separations, illustrations, original artwork, layout/design, photography, laminations, hand lettering, sign making and reproduction functions. Responsible for equipment maintenance and repair.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year. Utilizes excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with diverse internal/external stakeholders and constituents within the Dallas College community network. Provide excellent customer service.
• Actively participate in internal and external committees designed to further the impact and reach of Dallas College’s vision and mission.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com