Prairie View A&M UniversityExtension Associate (CEP - 4H - Healthy Houston Initiative)-2Job Title
Extension Associate (CEP - 4H - Healthy Houston Initiative)-2Agency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Adloc Cooperative Extension ProgramsProposed Minimum Salary
$2,964.00 monthlyJob Location
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
The Extension Associate, under general supervision, performs programmatic and outreach responsibilities for the 4H/Youth Development (4-H) unit in the Cooperative Extension Program (CEP). This position will directly support the Health Houston Initiative (HHI).This position is funded by a grant or restricted funds. Continued employment is contingent on the renewal of grant or restricted funding. Responsibilities:
Required Education and Experience:
- Executes and participates in county programs
- Assists Extension Agent(s) in activities of youth and adult enrollment such as, but not limited to performing various clerical task and providing support in secretarial duties; responsible for organizing files.
- Participates in trainings, demonstrations, and county meetings as required by supervisor.
- Develops resources, such as publications, videos, internet articles, news releases, and other online resources.
- Communicates and plans with other faculty/staff, researchers, and educators to identify and link research with outreach/education application to the project.
- Helps train volunteers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two (2) years of related experience.
- Knowledge of word processing, database, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Job Posting Close Date: Required Attachments:Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Experience with social media management, video productions, and develop marketing material.
- Experience in one or more of the following programmatic areas: 4-H, Youth Programming, Agriculture, Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Robotics and/or Coding
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above "Required Attachments" section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or email@example.com
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Extension-Associate--CEP---4H---Healthy-Houston-Initiative--2_R-042868About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for positions at Prairie View A&M University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com