Employee Experience Specialist
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$53,000 – $84,800 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Dallas College has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Dallas College’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This position will serve as a key member of the Human Resources team whose goal is to coordinate and deliver comprehensive and integrated programs to facilitate awards and recognition programs for Dallas College’s faculty, staff, and administrators.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Experience (or ability to learn) with conducting research, using data to identify insights, tracking, and managing information (e.g., in databases, spreadsheets, or relevant technology/organization system).
• Demonstrates exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a creative team managing multiple projects under tight deadlines, with minimal oversight.
• Excellent writing skills with specific attention to detail and demonstrated experience drafting polished and professional guidelines, procedures, and communication.
• Strong project management skills with the ability to independently identify and prioritize as needed to meet the shifting demands of the business and take initiatives successfully from concept to implementation.
• Open to change and applies creative thinking to develop solutions based on new methods and technologies.
• Demonstrates success in building, delivering and measuring high-impact employee experiences to a diverse audience.
• Ability to quickly ramp-up and understand problems and offer solutions.
• Strong on relationship and consensus building, influencing skills and working with a variety of diverse stakeholders.
• Experience providing excellent customer service when interacting with key stakeholders.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate significant awards, deadlines or events.
• Strong analytical skills, research, and data-driven thinking.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and communication skills.
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office programs, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc., conferencing software (virtual meetings/events).
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree plus three (3) years’ work-related experience. Official transcripts required.
• Two (2) additional years of directly related full-time work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate and innovate in the planning and execution of all constituent awards and recognition activities, employee engagement events, creating morale boosting activities and effective reward mechanisms.
• Professionally package effective and competitive nomination materials. Maintain a systematic process to identify/qualify, research, and track awards opportunities.
• Collaborate with Marketing department and Digital Resource team members to manage internal communications required to advertise events, awards opportunities, and resources. Translates complex concepts into compelling and engaging communications across various media, including but not limited to print and digital with an eye towards cutting-edge solutions and data integration.
• Monitor the “heartbeat” of the employee experience and engagement by writing and implementing measurements, manufacturing feedback loops and cycles and utilizing design thinking to engineer programs and events.
• Lead and own the execution of organizational employee engagement and recognition activities that build a sense of community, reinforce our mission and values, driving effective performance and inspires/motivates employees.
• Collaborate with multiple functions (HRBPs, Employee Relations, Employer Brand, D&I etc.) to align key initiatives that contribute to an overall positive employee experience.
• Answers all employee inquiries regarding the events and programs in a timely manner exhibiting “WOW” inducing customer service.
• Write and create dynamic, engaging, and informative content across a variety of forums (print, social media, web) to communicate initiatives.
• Manages the implementation and administration of event processes, including but not limited to contract/vendor management, attendee management, budget reconciliation and proposals, payments and document maintenance.
• Work closely with the key HR stakeholders to execute the development and implementation of new policies and guidelines, as necessary.
• Experience with Sharepoint or web design a plus.
• Completes required Dallas College professional development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other job duties as required.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. The Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Assigned work location to be determined.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within Dallas College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com